Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi, I have up grated my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, how can I

Customer Question
get my Windows live mail...
Hi, I have up grated my Windows 8 to Windows 8.1, how can I get my Windows live mail 2011 to Work, I have an pop adress?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/29/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Bent! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Do you have the program Windows Live Mail 2011 installed on your windows 8.1. computer yet?

Are you trying to set up your email account for the first time on this computer?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Hi, I hve Windows 8.1 installed, and it was OK with Windows 8, I

I also have an Hotmail it Is OK

So you only use a Hotmail email account right?

Did you install Windows Live Mail on your windows 8.1 computer yet?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-live/essentials-other#essentials=overviewother

What happens when you use/set up your hotmail email in windows live mail?

Thank you

Hi my computer was delivered with Windows 8, and made an update to Windows 8.1, after that I cannot get in tough with Windows live, it shows the symbol " Windows live mail, starts" and nothing happens

Please go to Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs and Features, and uninstall the program Windows Live Mail...

, then restart the computer, then download and reinstall Windows essentials / live mail software at the website below and check:

Edit: Please let me know if you still need help. Thank you,

Hi Again, I have now uninstalled Windows live mail 2011, and reinstalled Windows live mail 2012, it is the same problem, now it shows the symbol

"windows live mail starting" and still nothing happening?? du you have any suggestions?

I'm sorry, let's try another way:

Restart the computer, then download and install the Revo Uninstaller program at
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
, then open it, and select Windows Live Essentials, then click on Uninstall
, then select the Advanced option , then select all whenever prompted, and delete and confirm

, then restart the computer, and then try to download/reinstall Windows ESsentials/live mail again and check:

If that still does not work, it looks like there is a compatibility issue with Windows Live Mail and Windows 8.1. There are a couple of alternatives:

- You can use the Mail app from the Start screen, then add your hotmail account and use, and/or

- You can download and install the Thunderbird email program:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

hello agian, I have tried your suggestion, but the result is the same, is it possible that the problem are that, my mail: [email protected]

is a POP adress?

hi I cannot give you a rating, my problem was not solved,

Hi Bent,

I'm sorry, I thought you said you have hotmail address previously?

(For privacy purpose, please do not provide your full email address; please provide only the part after the character @, such as @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, @gmail.com, etc.)

If it's a POP email address, it won't work with the Mail app.

1. With my last suggestion (using the Revo Uninstaller program), were you able to open up the Windows Live Mail program?

2. Have you tried the Thunderbird email program yet?

Don't worry, we guarantee our service. Thank you

hello, I use an email with @Hotmail.dk, this is OK,

and an email with @youmail.dk, this is a POP email and my main mail adress,

I have tried your suggestion 1. but were not able to open the Windows live mail, same problem as before.

I have tried the Thunderbird email program, @Hotmail.dk is OK, but I cannot use @youmail.dk, using the email setup I have from the provider.?

I'm sorry. What are the settings did your provider give you? Is there any error or message? Did it work on the previous windows version or computer? (If you have another computer that is working with your email, then check those settings.) It looks like there is compatibility issue.

Can you use your email at the website:
https://webmail.yousee.dk

(You can create a shortcut on the desktop, or bookmark/add to favorite that website.)

Thank you
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 4 years ago
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Your previous expert has opted out, I will assist you.

to clarify, the problem is that Windows Live Mail will not start correct?

Thank you

my mail provider told me that live mail with POP3, not works with Windows 8.1.

so I gave up and have reinstalled Windows 8

thank you for trying to help

No problem, but it will work with both, and was not the cause of Windows Live Mail not opening.

The actual program would have been corrupt, which a reinstall would have fixed

If there is anything else I can assist with you, please let me know.
Richard, Software Specialist