Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have ERROR 38 and cant open my Word Perfect 6 program.

Customer Question
I have ERROR 38 and...
I have ERROR 38 and can't open my Word Perfect 6 program. I can't reinstal the discs as I purchased the program on line several years ago when it first became available.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/28/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

Hello Sylvia! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8? Can you please click on the website below, and allow the ScreenConnect remote program to run, then we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly:

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=6f3c341b-c4db-4fde-a662-71a62ddfda62

Thank you

Hi Sylvia,

Can you please go to that website in Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Or go to the shorter website below in Internet Explorer:

http://tinyurl.com/lz8ovo6

Put the above website in the address bar on the top in Internet Explorer, then press the Enter key:

graphic

, and allow it to run, and try any other option it gives you as needed. Thank you

I have no idea what it is you want me to do I thought I would get an answer by now - I need to use my computer - Please help.

I'm sorry, do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8?

Do you use Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon), not Firefox or Chrome, etc.?

Thank you

Hi Sylvia,

I'm really sorry; it looks like your computer is not able to connect with me, but let me provide simple instructions you can try to fix this issue:

Method 1:

1. Press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on your keyboard
    , then the Run... box will appear
  2. Type exactly:
    services.msc
  3. Click OK.
  4. Open (double-click) the item Protexis Licensing...
  5. Make sure the Startup type: option is set to Automatic, then click on OK.
  6. Open the item Protexis Licensing... again, then click on Start button there if available.
  7. Then check if your Word Perfect program works or not.

Note: the Windows logo key is located near the bottom left of your keyboard:
graphic

Method 2:
- If that does not work, please try:

, then the Run... box will appear
  2. Type exactly:
    msconfig
  3. Click OK.
  4. Click on the Services tab
  5. Check the box at the option Hide all Microsoft services at the bottom.
  6. Make sure that the item Protexis Licensing is enabled (checked.)
  7. Click OK, and restart the computer and check.
    (NOTE: Only one instance of ProtexisLicensing can be enabled. If there are multiple instances of ProtexisLicensing, uncheck the second copy. Click OK, and restart the computer, then check.)

Method 3:

- If that still does not work, please try this: click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore and restore the computer to any date before this issue has occurred, then check.

Does any of those 3 methods work? Please let me know if you are stuck at any step. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further. Thank you very much.

I cannot start my Word Perfect 6 program. I get a message that my files are damaged. I cannot reinstall as I bought the program on line. I have Word perfect 3 discs but nothing later than these.

Hi Sylvia,

I'm sorry. I've provided 3 methods for solving this issue. Did you try any of my methods yet? Are you stuck at any step?

Thank you
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech