Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I downloaded a new Windows 8 mouse driver and my Microsoft

I downloaded a new Windows...

I downloaded a new Windows 8 mouse driver and my Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse stopped working. Unfortunantly the product I used to download and install the new driver told me it created a restore point but none exist and now I can't seem to find how to reload the original mouse driver. My "new" Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse is useless and I'd like to be able to use it. How do I remove the updated mouse driver and restore the original mouse driver?   OS is Windows 8 and now Windows 8.1

Answered in 1 hour by:
10/26/2013
Charles A. Roberts
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have encountered this kind of problem I understand you are using a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse can you tell me if a model number is XXXXX with it and do you by chance have the disk or software that came with it?

No model number. As far as I can determine the mouse is called a Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse and no software came with the mouse its self. The packaging says it is compatible with Windows 8, Windows RT and Windows 7. It was working until the mouse update was applied. I don't have a clue how to get back to the original Windows 8 mouse driver and haven't found how using any of the search engines.

Ok first check this to make sure that is the correct mouse: Here is a link:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sculpt-ergonomic-mouse#support

No when you get there click on the support tab. Then for your operating system choose windows 8 64 bit download Mouse and Keyboard Center 2.2 64-bit (exe)

Try that and see if that makes any kind of difference I will be standing by.

Nope, no difference. The system said that the software was already loaded and required me to reboot. The reboot went into one of those "Restarting" forever modes and after 2 hours I power cycled the system. The odd thing was that the mouse worked perfectly before I loaded the mouse update and ever since then the only thing that works on the mouse is the windows button. I bought a Logitech mouse since I had to have a mouse and that mouse works perfectly. Before I bought the Logitech I put the slightly malfunctioning mouse I was using before getting the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic mouse and it work as well as it did before I replaced it. I even sent the Microsoft Sculpt back to Amazon think maybe it had malfunctioned but the replacement that Amazon sent me acts the same. Unfortunately the recover point that was supposed to be created wasn't so I could not back out the mouse update. I was hoping to just be able to go back to the default mouse driver that came with the system but haven't been able to get anyone to explain how to go back to the original driver. After you pointed me to the web site I did remember I had done the same and had downloaded the software from that same website and it had also not worked. This has been going on for over a month and I had forgotten I had found that Microsoft site and had already loaded that software. Any other suggestions? Is there a procedure to just download and install the default mouse driver that comes with Windows 8?

Lindie-mod

I'm Lindie, and I’m a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Health, Pets, Computers, Cars, Finance, Law, to Home Improvement, and more.

Thank you,

Lindie

As I stated in my previous answer, no my mouse still does not work. The mouse driver update is what screwed up the mouse and unfortunantly the software I used UNIBLUE POWERSUITE said it created a restore point and validated the restore point but when I tried to back out the change by using the restore point, windows 8 could not find the restore point so I could not remove the driver update. I just want a way to re-install the original Windows 8 driver since that worked with my mouse. Since this has happened, I've updated my system to Windows 8.1 but there has been no change to how my Microsoft mouse works (doesn't). I had already tried the link provided by the person working with me before and that did not fix my mouse issue. I work as a System Administrator on another OS and find it hard to understand why it is so hard to reload the original mouse driver. It would be easy with my OS but I'm not a Windows person so am lost.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Lindie

Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

May I remote in to your system now, and take a look at the issue for you? Do let me know.

Regards

ok, let me know what I need to do to allow you remote access

Okay; you just need to click on the following session link now:
http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=46827e1e-1b8b-494e-a17c-16610144c086

Please join the session, then RUN the application when prompted at the bottom (If you are using Firefox/Chrome, make sure to open up the downloaded application) - and I'll be connected. Thanks!

Regards
Issue resolved; thanks!

Regards
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist