Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I work for a private company. We would like to develop some

Customer Question
I work for a private...
I work for a private company. We would like to develop some standard proposals for our sales reps to use that they could access from our intranet. The would choose from one or two proposal letter choices. There would be svsveral other "parts" included with this proposal. Some are mandatory (i.e. confidentiality letter, indemnification agreement, price page) and some parts that are electives.

I would like to have our reps click the proposal letter they desire, any of the electives and then a drop down box to fill in the blanks would be required to produce a final document.

We all have Office 2010.

Can this be easily accomplished using Office 2010 or should something like Adobe Pro (also available to me and a handful of others) be better suited?

I hope to ask Adobe the same question.

Should we seek out an authorized Microsoft Dealer/Trainer (we are currently using Bennett Adelson and Insight for CRM Dynamics implementation and other things) to just develop the overall form to be uploaded to our intranet?

I am NOT an IT guy. I am a corporate sales manager asked to look into this project. I am also teaching our field reps the CRM (now the CRM 2013).

Thanks

Ed Svec [email protected]
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/25/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Bryan, Computer Enthusiast replied 4 years ago
Bryan, Computer Enthusiast

Bryan :

Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Bryan and I will be assisting you today. Please do not rate this session until it has been completed.

Bryan :

The most well-suited for a job like this would be Adobe Acrobat in my opinion.

Bryan :

With it you can do exactly what you are looking for and even allow them to fill out the documents online if you like.

Bryan :

You could also use a customized application to do the same thing using Word/Excel although I would probably recommend using Access if you were going the Office route.

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

I have Adobe Pro (just got it) but do not have LifeCycle. Should that be added in your estimation?

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

Everything I have been reading sounds like the LifeCycle add on softeware is more suited for doing what we want to do.

Bryan :

LiveCycle would be good as well. But if you already have Acrobat, that will do just fine.

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

Our HR Department has used Adobe Pro for online New Hire Forms. I am trying to create seamless documents for our reps that follow a pattern we want to see out of Corporate.

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

OK. I need to get some training on Adobe. What I know now can, as the old saying goes, "..fit in a thimble"!

Bryan :

hehehe ... no problem. You can pick up the beginners series of books, or there are even plenty of online free guides that will get you started. Do you have any type of programming experience now?

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

Do you now how to get fields (like first name and last name) to be dynamically sized in Adobe?

Bryan :

Well, when you say "Adobe", or even "Adobe Pro", that can refer to many different programs that Adobe creates. Can you tell me which program you are referring to now? I kind've assume Acrobat but want to make sure.

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is what I have

Bryan :

Ok, great. Select the field, click the Pallettes menu, layout, then check the "Expand to fit" checkbox for the width (height if you want it to grow vertically, or both to grow both ways).

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

OK. Thanks.

Bryan :

Anytime. Have a great weekend!

JACUSTOMER-7rhh7oz3- :

I appreciate the direction and the help. Have a good weekend.

Bryan :

Anytime at all. Please feel free to ask for me anytime you need help.

Bryan, Computer Enthusiast