Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

After the switchover from Hotmail to Outlook it has been near

After the switchover from Hotmail to Outlook it has been near impossible to use the program. The issue is that once I have started up Outlook, after a few seconds I get switched to a commercial site with the address http:// secure.shared.live.com This occurs repeatedly and automatically, and I have so far failed to prevent it. Unfortunately this makes use of Outlook vitrually impossible. I would be grateful for your advice. Thanks.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me please which internet browser you are using?

eg: Internet Explorer?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hallo Richard, we are using Mozilla Firefox.

Thank you Freddy

Can you do the following in Firefox please

At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.

Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.

To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.

Firefox will close and be reset. When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.

Then try to access outlook and tell me if you are still having the problem please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Richard, sorry to keep you aiting but as I am working with a Dutch language system it took a while to figure things out. Anyway I reinitialised Mozilla Firefox, and apparently the problem seems to have gone. Anything

else I need to do now ?

Ik ben ook nederlands, dus we konden hebben gebruikt nederlands te chatten :)

But no, nothing else needed, as the problem was with Firefox which we corrected.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you