Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi, my excel was shut down and now when I am trying to open

Hi, my excel was shut down...
my excel was shut down and now when I am trying to open a file, it gives me a message :"cannot open the file because the file format or file extension is not valid". File is sitting in my drive. How can I open the file. I am running Office 2013. And I did save the file just before Excel crushed.
Please help.
Natalia.
10/22/2013
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist

Kamil Anwar :

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX i will do my best to assist you.

Kamil Anwar :

Can you upload the file to www.wikisend.com and share the download link with me so i can check the file on my system.

Customer:

How do I do that?

Kamil Anwar :

Open the website www.wikisend.com

Kamil Anwar :

Click on Choose File

Kamil Anwar :

Then select the corrupt excel file

Kamil Anwar :

Click ok and Upload File

Kamil Anwar :

On the next screen, you will get a link. Copy and Paste the link in this window.

Kamil Anwar :

Alternatively, you can attach the file here as well by clicking on the paper clip icon.

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/506872/EVS Calculations.xlsx

Kamil Anwar :

Thanks - Please wait while i check the file.

Kamil Anwar :

File has been fixed.

Customer:

How do I get it now, and what was wrong?

Kamil Anwar :

I am uploading the file now. The file was corrupt.

Customer:

Will you send me the link?

Kamil Anwar :

Please download the file by Clicking Here

Kamil Anwar :

Sorry, not this one. Please wait, i'll send another link.

Kamil Anwar :

Click Here

Kamil Anwar :

Then Click on the Download File button.

Kamil Anwar :

Please let me know the results.

Customer:

ok, because previous one had the same error message

Kamil Anwar :

Did the new one work for you?

Customer:

Yes, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX reason it combined 2 files, but I can read what I need.

Customer:

Thank you again.

Kamil Anwar :

You're welcome. Please remember to rate my answer by clicking on the smiley icon.

Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist
Kamil Anwar, Office Specialist