Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I purchased my hp computer a year or more age, which has Microsoft

office installed. When I tried...
I purchased my hp computer a year or more age, which has Microsoft office installed. When I tried to access some files from my documents file, I could not---the message told me that Microsoft office was not on my [email protected] have used Just Answer a number of times before fore various solutions.
10/19/2013
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to assist you. There could be one of several things that occured.

It may be, that you only had a trial version of microsoft office installed. ( as is normally the case with new computers )

A quick solution we can implement, is to either download the free microsoft word viewer, and maybe the excel viewer too, if you need to view excel files.

You can download the word viewer from this link

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4

Once installed, you will be able to open word files.. ( there is also an excel and powerpoint viewer on that page above, that you could download so you could view excel and power point files as well )

That being said, those viewers alone, will only allow you to open and read a word file.. You wont be able to edit the file, or create a word file.

if you want to create or edit word files.. I suggest you either purchase a copy of microsoft office..

Or, try out the free version of office called open office.

Open office is completely free, and can be downloaded from this link

http://www.openoffice.org/

Open office will allow you to open, edit, and create new office documents..

If you dont need to edit , or create office documents.. Then you could probably get by with just the word . excel, and power point viewers I had previously mentioned above.

If you have any further questions, let me know!

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Hi Donnie.

I see you posted two duplicate questions trying to find your way back to this one.

This is the original question, Im Dustin, and Im ready to continue when you are. ( please reply to this question specifically , on your my questions page.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Hello Dustin,hope you are still there. The suggestions were not satisfactory. For one I tried Openoffice, sending me to Doc to PDF and Mindspark. I didn't want that. Can I purchase and download a Microsoft Office? Will it take the place of what was there so that all works as it did?

Thank you....Donnie [email protected]

Hi Donnie.

What may be best, XXXXX XXXXX you and I to connect, where I can help you install the free version of open office.. ( not sure about doc to pdf or mindspark, neither of which have anything to do with open office )

This link will take you directly to the open office download.

http://goo.gl/UZmZZV

click it, and then wait about ten seconds, and it should start the file downlaod for open office.

Other then that, if you wanted to purchase microsoft office, you can purchase a one year prescription for office 365 ( the newest version of office) Here http://amzn.to/1797p7c

Or, if you want a standard version of office that you only have to pay once for, you can purchase just the 2013 version of office here http://amzn.to/1cHZCvR

Both of which can be downloaded online after purchase.. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist