Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

i NEED TO SET MY EXCEL TO PRINT ENTIREWORKBOOK AS THE DEFAULT.

i NEED TO SET MY EXCEL TO PRINT ENTIREWORKBOOK AS THE DEFAULT. I HAVE OVER 150 EXCEL DOCS TO PRINT EACH DAY AND I WOULD LIKE NOT TO HAVE TO OPEN AND CHANGE IT FOR EACH FILE
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Can you please elaborate the problem? The default behavior of MS Excel is to print data in the entire worksheet only.

In your 150 Excel docs, does each Excel file contain several worksheets? Or all of your printable pages are contained in a single worksheet only?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The workbook is a report that has 3 tabs on the bottom. I need all three tabs/pages. I would have set it up differently but not my choice, and too far into the project to change. This could literally save lives as each inspector would have to drive extra mileage every day toturn in this report after working 10 hours... That would add a couple of hours each day if not more with no extra pay but they could be so tired....

Karin,

Thank you for writing back. So the main problem here is that, when you open the Excel file for printing, only sheet 1 is printed and you need to click on the second tab and print, and the third tab and then print. Is this correct?

And all you want is to click on print and all the pages in the 3 tabs or sheets will be printed?

By the way, one last thing. Are you using Excel 2003, 2007 or 2010 to do this printing?

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ared you still working on this?

Karin,

Yes, and I was waiting for your reply for my last inquiry.... Here it is reposted below:
=====

So the main problem here is that, when you open the Excel file for printing, only sheet 1 is printed and you need to click on the second tab and print, and the third tab and then print. Is this correct?

Keep me posted.
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes or I can choose print entire workbook and print all three workbooks or pages. But that means opening each and every one. I do not have time and the manager will make them drive in and leave a hardcopy. Not fair to them. I bought the software to extract the attachments from the emails out of my own pocket. So now I have a file of the attachments and just want to highlight and choose print.

excel 2010

Ok. So what you actually want is to print the entire Excel file directly without opening the file. Is this what you want?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes. The folder I made contains the excel docs. I will Highlight the docs and choose print. In theory it works but only 1 page of each. I spoke with the program people and they said that the default needed to be entire workbook in my program. So I checked with Microsoft and they said to look on the internet. Nice huh? I would have paid them for an answer....

how do I attach a doc for you to view. I have a practice one...

Karin,

If you have a test Excel file, you can upload it to http://wikisend.com and then give me the 6-digit File ID or the download link so that I can get your uploaded file.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

682090

Karin,

I got your sample file. This requirement is a bit tricky since you want to print the file without actually opening them one by one. Please give me some time to figure out a solution to this. I need to try the process in my Excel 2010 and will get back to you for the results.

Best regards,
Jess
Karin,

Thank you for patiently waiting. There is a way to print the whole workbook automatically using a Macro. However, this approach needs to actually open each file and then run the macro to print the workbook completely.

Since you don't want to open individual Excel files in order to print them, it requires to be a tool to be able to do that. By tool, I am referring to an Excel plugin.

After few hours of checking and testing, I found this tool to actually do what you want. Please click on this link:

http://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel.html

This is what I recommend because I tested it myself. I downloaded a tree trial and it just worked.

You can download a free trial and then install the software.

Then open MS Excel and then the tool is enabled as a plugin.

When you open Excel, click on Enterprise tab. This tab is added to your Excel when you installed the tool.

Then click on Printing Tools then click on Print Multiple Workbook Wizard.

Then in the first wizard box, select "All the files to be printed is in the same directory" then click Next.

Then click Browse button to select the directory where the Excel files that you want to print resides.

Then click the check box "Excel workbooks" then click Next.

The files inside the folder will be shown and checked by default.

For the printing sheet type, select "Entire workbook".

Click Next.

Just accept default settings on the last screen then click on Finish.

Then the workbooks will be printed to your default printer.

I suggest that you try the tool and try to add few excel files only in the folder that you want to print then test if printing is fine.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the information you need. Tips are always highly appreciated! Cool

If you have any other questions, please do not rate me negatively. Instead, please ask me or reply to me – I’ll be happy to respond.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess