Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hello. I need a macro that will run down a given column, check

Hello. I need a...
Hello. I need a macro that will run down a given column, check for specific text down that column, and then insert a cell and Shift Cells Right when the text matches, then continue down the initial column and resume checking (inserting a cell when the text matches, performing no action if cell is blank or contains anything else).

eg: Insert a blank cell (in column K) and Shift Cells Right if a cell in Column K contains the word "Redundancies"
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/14/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I can do this for you.

Can you please provide the file, and the text to search for and match.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you

Hello Richard, thank you for offering to help :)

The files themsleves are numerous and very large (just short of 5000 rows each), so I've extracted a small sample from one of them and uploaded for you.

The file ID is 460438.

I need the macro to analyse column H, and insert a blank cell (in column H, moving all data to the right) for only rows that contain "Co Code".

Hi Goran

This is done for you. You can download it from www.wiksend.com

Under File ID 226478

The Macro is called Checkcode

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hello Richard, sorry for the delay. Time differences between US and Aus quite substantial.

I tried DLing 226478 from home last night but I'm on a Mac at home and it doesn't like VBA, so I emailed the worksheet to work. I've just tried opening it on my work machine but I can't find your macro Checkcode? I've tried re-downloading from the office but I get a zip file, once extraced it's just full of xl templates & formatting files, no sign of a worksheet anywhere - probably my lack of any sort of IT expertise sorry.

Can you just copy and paste the macro code for me please? I can find my way around Alt-F11 and Alt-F8 to import it as a module.

No problem Goran

This editor causes problems with some of the characters, so I put the Macro in a Notepad file.

You can download it via this link

http://wikisend.com/download/402960/Macro.txt

This is the Macro you need to use. Just copy it from the notepad file.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist