Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Office Specialist
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Microsoft Certified MCSE, MCDBA, MCP, Microsoft Partner
23511658

I have Windows 8 64-bit, and Microsoft Office 2013 64-bit.

I have Windows 8 64-bit, and Microsoft Office 2013 64-bit. I was trying to scan a document into Word, but I can't figure out how. I know there was a way to do it on other versions, but I can't seem to figure it out. I do not want to install any additional software to do it. I have a HP OfficeJet 8600 Plus.
Hello. My name is Michael. I will be providing an answer to your question today.

You will need to install at least the scanner software. It is required for the scanner to talk to Microsoft office. There is Windows 8 software available for the device. You can find it here:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4323659

Just be sure to select Windows 8 from the dropdown so it will give you the correct version.

SQ10
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So where in Microsoft Word do I go to scan? I have the software installed, but where is Word do I go?

Michael, you can either scan to word by using the HP software to initiate the scan, or you can set up a button to initiate the scan.

Optionally, you can add a button to Word so that it's available to you from all new documents by default. In 2013, the button isn't there by default, but I have the macro code in my blog that you can use to create the button.

http://www.brainchamber.com/2013/10/13/scan-directly-word-2013/

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The HP software only scans to PDF, and not to Word.