Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

can I do a manual backup of outlook 2010 data (messages and

can I do a manual backup of outlook 2010 data (messages and contacts) in a simple way to move it to a new computer with Office 2013 installed?
Good evening, and welcome to JustAnswer.

My name is Dustin and I will do my best to assist you.

The easiest way to make a backup of your outlook 2010 data, would be to open outlook 2010.. Go into the file, export, and then export to an outlook data file PST..

make sure you check messages and contacts when you export.. note the location of the pst file.

Then, move that pst file ( either via a usb memory stick or just save the file t o your external hard drive )

Then, Move that pst file onto the computer with office 2013 and import the pst file, which will import all your data and contacts.

This link goes into depth about exporting the file from outlook 2010

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/export-outlook-items-to-an-outlook-data-file-pst-HA102534110.aspx

And this link goes over importing that data into outlook 2013

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/import-outlook-items-from-an-outlook-data-file-pst-HA102919679.aspx

If you have any questions, let me know.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.