Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have a series of workbooks. There is a main workbook that

contains the base data (186...
I have a series of workbooks. There is a main workbook that contains the base data (186 rows of names, addresses, etc.). I have a column with in that (the main) workbook that has a drop down menu that designates the data of that row to any one of the other six workbooks (formulas at end of main book pull file numbers based upon the menu choice. Then these file numbers are pulled by each secondary book.
Then in the secondary books all information from a particular row (file) of the main workbook is transferred correctly to the secondary book until it gets to row 85 of the main workbook. From that point on, no matter which secondary book I look at, the file numbers corresponding cells show “0”, even though there is data contained in the target cells of the main workbook. Ironically, the original file numbers still transfer, but the corresponding data (referring back to the main book) shows just an “0”.
I’ve triple checked the formulas. They are the same from a working row to a non-working row of the secondary workbooks. I believe that the issue lies within the main workbook, but for the life of me I cannot distinguish a difference between the data contained in rows 2 - 84 and the rows 85 - 187.
What am I missing????

Jeff
9/25/2013
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Computer Support Specialist

Brandon M. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would be glad to assist you with your issue today. Please note that I am in eastern time (UTC -5:00) and am generally online between the hours of 10 AM and 4 PM and some evenings between 7 PM and 11 PM.

Brandon M. :

I would be glad to take a look at these workbooks for you if you wish to send them over (if that is ok).

Customer:

=Thank you.

Customer:

after looking at it again, I see that it is around line 125 on the main workbook that it stops sending the data. Not 85

Brandon M. :

Sorry for the delay. I will review this now.

Customer:

I have to head in to work. Leaving chat. I'll check back later today. Thank you for your efforts.

Brandon M. :

What book/sheet am I looking at (i guess for the main sheet)?

Customer:

The main sheet contains the data. Also it summarizes the categories of the drop down menus in the later columns (AM through BJ) and arranges it into ascending order without spaces. The sub books retrieve the corresponding file numbers from those columns and then is supposed to pull the data information from the main book to the sub books.

Customer:

I worked on it some more. And it is working now. Here is what I did:

Customer:

sorted in ascending order "again" column "F" a reference error appeared at the top. it was the count function I then deleted it and opened up a sub workbook. They all updated correctly.

Customer:

Thank you for your efforts

Brandon M.
Brandon M., Computer Support Specialist
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Computer Support Specialist