BestComputerExpert
BestComputerExpert, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Issues with Office? Missing installation files? I am here to solve any issues with Microsoft Office.
62669195

Why did Microsoft office become non-functional on my lenovo

Why did Microsoft office become non-functional on my lenovo thinkcenter PC? I get prompts that tell me I have to purchase it. I purchased it 1/30 12 Mod # XXXXX
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Office now a days unfortuantely comes pre-installed as a trial, then Microsoft forces you to buy it. They do this to save consumers money in cost on their new computers but can be quite frustrating because I honestly do not know anyone who does not use a word processor.

I would like to make a suggestion for you. There is a free program called Open Office which is near identical to Microsoft Office except free. Also with Open Office it is up to date meaning you will be able to open the newer .docx format of Office.

To be honest I along with pretty much everyone I know has been using Open Office for years. I don't think it's fair to pay Microsoft for something like that, especially the cost of it, plus having to buy upgrades everytime someone sends you a newer format is just not right.

Let's do this

http://tinyurl.com/jeremyopenofficenew

Click the link above. After about 15 seconds a download will begin. It will ask if you want to run the file or save the file. Choose Run

Once the installer comes up follow the prompts to complete the installation.

Once it's installed you will be able to open any Office file (Documents, PowerPoint, Excel Spreadsheets)

The only difference is really the names of the programs. I.e. Instead of it being called Word it's called "Writer' for legal reasons of course Smile

If you run into any issues i'll be here to help you in any way i can

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Jeremy
BestComputerExpert, Computer Repairer
Experience: Issues with Office? Missing installation files? I am here to solve any issues with Microsoft Office.
Thanks

this a buggy Recent Ms update

which changes the default File Association in default programs

no new software is required , this only effects MS starter 2010 which you will have

I can fix this for you just let me know

Cheers James