Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

i have entourage for Mac. i cannot open. it keeps telling

i have entourage for Mac...
i have entourage for Mac. i cannot open. it keeps telling me to rebuild the data base. when i have gone through the process of rebuilding the data base and try to open it keeps sending me back through that same loop.
9/15/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me which version of Entourage you are using please.

2008

Thanks

Can you go to Finder, and go to

User's --> Library Preferences

Delete the files

com.microsoft.OfficeNotifications.plist

com.microsoft.DatabaseDaemon.plist

Then restart the computer and tell me if Entourage now works please

Thank you

I deleted the 2. When i restart, how will we connect again?

Mac

You return to this web page, and you can post your response to me Mac.

Just like you are now doing.

It won't allow me to restart, so i turned off power; still shows:

The application MIcrosoft Database Utility canceled restart. To try again, quit Microsoft Database utility and choose restart.

i cannot find Microsoft Database Utility.

mac

ok, rebuild the identity this way please Mac

Quit all applications.

Hold down the Options (alt) key on the keyboard, and then start Entourage. Do not let go of the Option (alt) key until you see the Database Utility window.

Then rebuild your identity there please.

Once done, try to open Entourage and let me know if it still gives you this error please.

did you mean, "rebuild database selection", if so i did that. it will take a while....

mac

Yes please Mac, I want you to do it via this way please.

Let me know the results please

OK, in process. back to you soon.

Thank you

AFter "rebuild successful", pressed DONE, took me back to Database Utility screen.

Should i attempt to restart now?

Yes please

Then open Entourage and let me know the results

Thank you

Works great, thank you so much.

Mac

Your welcome Mac!

We just needed to rebuild it using the correct sequence.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Absolutely, point me to rate me

mac

You will see the Smiley faces under this answer.

Please click on of them and submit.

This is how you complete the rating.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist