Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

computer ---outbox not sending now!

computer ---outbox not sending now!
9/12/2013
RobertFR
RobertFR, Computer Repairer

RobertFR :

Hey, let's see what's going on.

Customer :

ok. The out message sare stying in the outbox

RobertFR :

Did you change anything since we fixed it or had you just not tried to send yet?

Customer :

no. The messages have been imported

RobertFR :

Try looking at this detailed process and see if anything jumps out at you. Might be quicker than me talking you through each window.

RobertFR :

If you don't see a discrepancy, let me know and we'll go from there. There a probably a simple explanation and fix.

Customer :

Interesting, on your link it shows:

Customer :

POP with SSL – 995

With SSL – 465

Customer :

vs "80" which is there now.

RobertFR :

right, I thought you changed it to that.

Customer :

However, it did send an e-mail successfully prior to the e-mails being loaded

RobertFR :

true. I'm not sure why they would be so different than go-daddy's own instructions.

RobertFR :

But I thought it might be worth a try.

Customer :

exactly.

RobertFR :

Also I read about somebody having the same problem and used 25 as the outgoing server port which solved it.

Customer :

ok. Now nothing is coming in or out

Customer :

outgoing at 80 was working earlier.

Customer :

What now?

RobertFR :

Here is a bit of wisdom: Troubleshooting notes: Usually if when you test your email and you can receive but not send, then usually it is the outgoing port. I would recommend first trying 80. Then test it. If problems, then try setting it to 25. Then test it again. If that doesn’t work either try 3535.

Customer :

now it does not send or receive

Customer :

110 was default for incoming

Customer :

80 is not working for outgoing

Customer :

trying w 25 now

Customer :

no success

RobertFR :

Darn

RobertFR :

So you said 995 and 465 did not work? That is what most of the tutorials say, other than Go-Daddy's

Customer :

I'm 1 step ahead of you. the numbers did not work

RobertFR :

ok. I found another that says 3535. I'm surprised there is such a wide variety of settings. Who is your ISP?

Customer :

verizon

Customer :

I don't think the #s are the issue.

RobertFR :

Also saw 587.

RobertFR :

I may have found the solution...

RobertFR :

Someone in your exact situation:

Customer :

OK. That's good for now. I'll give it a shot. TY again!

RobertFR :

You are welcome. Good luck.

RobertFR
RobertFR, Computer Repairer
Steven, one other link (that you may have already seen)
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/6732/outlook-2007-troubleshooting
RobertFR
RobertFR
RobertFR, Computer Repairer