Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

A friend wrote this formula for me: =IF((X16),(Y16),IF(ISBLANK(X16),(SUM(Z16*$Z$5)+(AB16*

A friend wrote this formula...
A friend wrote this formula for me:
=IF((X16),(Y16),IF(ISBLANK(X16),(SUM(Z16*$Z$5)+(AB16*$AB$5)+(AC16*$AC$5)+(AD16*$AD$5)+(AE16*$AE$5)+(AF16*$AF$5)+(AH16*$AH$5)+(AI16*$AI$5) which works when there is a value in Y16. Does not work with no value in Y16 even with a 0. Receive a #VALUE! instead of answer.

Basically there is a lookup in Y16 based on the value in X16 with a value of 1 to 3.
If the cell is blank or the value is 0, a calculation of (SUM(Z16*$Z$5)+(AB16*$AB$5)+(AC16*$AC$5)+(AD16*$AD$5)+(AE16*$AE$5)+(AF16*$AF$5)+(AH16*$AH$5)+(AI16*$AI$5) is required. The formula works on its own, I somehow cannot combine it with anything else to provide the answer. If the cell is not blank, use the value appearing in Y16.

I hope this makes sense.
9/8/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I see an issue in your formula with Brackets.

Can you use this one and let me know if you still get an issue please

=IF((X16),(Y16),IF(ISBLANK(X16),(SUM(Z16*$Z$5)+(AB16*$AB$5)+(AC16*$AC$5)+(AD16*$AD$5)+(AE16*$AE$5)+(AF16*$AF$5)+(AH16*$AH$5)+(AI16*$AI$5))))

Let me know as for me it works correctly with the above formula.

Hi Richard

$150 is now in the subtotal column whether there is data in X16 or Y16 or not.

Also when Y16 is blank, the sum formula has not calculated the individual and the subtotal is $0.

Can I look at your sheet please?

It is easier

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you

http://wikisend.com/download/557918/AGM 2013 - OPERATIONS_Sept 2, 2013.xlsx

557918

Can you tell me which page and cell the formula is on please?

Sorry, 2013 AGM Reg - Column AK

BTW: I did not save the spreadsheet before uploading it so it will not have the formula you just gave me - sorry about that.

You mean Column BX? as this has the errors

BV to BZ were text columns that I was working on instead of using subtotal column of AK. The final formula will be in column AK.

Thanks

I corrected it for you and you can download it from www.wikisend.com

Under File ID# XXXXX

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Richard,

Formula still not working for 'non-package' deals. I.E., For example, on Row 14, add a "1" under breakfast and under lunch and the total should become $53.

I think we are approaching this wrong.

tell me what the entire formula should do, in your words, and I will write it for you correctly.

There are 3 "all day Saturday packages" at different values based on the number of people registering.

The 'Anne' tab has the list created for the lookup values. Name of Range is "Package".

(X) Column - a choice of 1, 2, or 3 - with value of 1 added to Bkfst (Z), Lunch (AB), Wksps(AD),and Banquet (AH)

(Y) Column is for the price of the package.

For those who do not want a 'package' deal and want to pick and choose: require a formula to calculate on the values in the following columns:

Z, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AH, AI with the subtotal in column AK. Row 5 has the prices for each of the columns.

Sorry that is not clear for me.

Say it as the formula should work

So

If Column Y has 1 add $20 to total

If Column X has 1 add $50 as well.

Ect, I need to know the rules the formula is mean to do please.

If column X has 1 - column Y = $150

If column X has 2 - column Y = $138

If column X has 3 - column Y = $125

Subtotal in this case is the same value as Column Y.

If column X is blank or is equal to 0, calculate the sum of:

(Zx*$Z$5)+(ABx*$AB$5)+ (ACx*$AC$5)+(ADx*$AD$5)+(AEx*$AE$5)+(AFx*$AF$5)+ (AHx*$AH$5)+ (AIx*$AI$5).

Subtotal in this case would depend on values being manually inputted into each appropriate column.

Column AK is the subtotal based on formulas.

This formula is now done, and you can download it from

http://wikisend.com/download/563534/AGM 2013 - OPERATIONS_Sept 2, 2013.xlsx

Let me know the results please

thank you
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you.

Your welcome

The formula does exactly what you specified.

Thank you

Not a problem. It is perfect. Now I know why I was not able to get the formula to work even with my friend's help. As this spreadsheet is going to be used for years to come and different people will be entering the data, having the computer to do the calculations is a tremendous help.

Thank you again. I have already rated your service.

Have a good day.

Your welcome

If you need anything else, just let me know

Take care.

Richard, Software Specialist