NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have Outlook 2010 and my kid has changed the colour and dementions

Customer Question

I have Outlook 2010 and my kid has changed the colour and dementions on it he said that it ased if you wanted to change to 250 pixls or something can anyone help with this
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am glad to assist you today.

Is this problem only affecting your Outlook 2010? What about the other programs? Are the other programs working just fine?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its affecting all programs internet included what has she done I am starting to panic

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary,

Thank you for writing back.

I believe she just changed the screen resolution. If you are using Windows 7, please do these steps:
  1. Minimize all open windows
  2. Right click on any vacant area on your desktop screen. (Just in any vacant area in the desktop screen, do not right click on any icon)
  3. Then click on Screen Resolution
  4. Then using the slider in the "Resolution" item, slide it up to the recommended size, the bigger the size, the better. In my case here, I am using 1366 x 768. That is the recommended size for my computer. Increase the size of your screen there.
  5. Click on Apply
  6. Click on OK

Let me know if this helped.

Jess

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No that did not help She has said something about 250? does that assist you

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Gary,

Have you followed the steps I gave you? If you did, what is the screen resolution shown there?

Are you using Windows 7?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

1366x768 and I am using win 7

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for that confirmation.

Can you please tell me the exact error message that you are getting? Like when you open your Outlook 2010?

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Outlook hope this helps you as I am unable to discribe what is going on any more

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gary,

I am sorry but I cannot see the attached image that you sent. If you have a screen shot there, you can attach it here using the paper clip icon or the attach button.

Another way to send the file to me is by uploading it to http://wikisend.com then give me the file id or the download link.

Jess
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/187736/Capture.JPG

I am sorry for the hassel mate I have now given up I shall through this thing away but I do thank you for your help in this matter and I am sorry for wasting your time Kindest regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Jess M. replied 3 years ago.
Gary,

I got your screen shot. So it appears that the system color was reduced.

Please do the following. The commands and buttons are different since they vary according to the installed video card in a computer.
  1. Right click on the desktop screen, click on Graphics Properties.
  2. In the prompt that appears, click on Advanced Mode then click OK
  3. Locate the Color Depth setting, then change it to 32bit
  4. Click Apply
  5. Click OK
  6. If you are prompted to restart, restart the computer.
  7. Here is my screen shot:

Now, if you are not getting the same screen, let me know.

Best regards,

Jess