Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Just bought the latest excel. The formulas I have in my spreadsheets

don't automatically update the values...
Just bought the latest excel. The formulas I have in my spreadsheets don't automatically update the values when I amend one of the cells. I have to click on each cell and press enter to update the result
9/2/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

To confirm, this is Excel 2013 for windows?

Thank you

Yes that's correct. Imagine I have put =sum(A1+B1) and click/dragged the formula down 10 rows. The top cell calculates the correct value but I have to manually click on each cell below, press enter for the formula amend to the correct end value. I didn't have this issue with my older version as of course it automatically amends the value in the cell once the formula is copied.

Thanks

It looks like Auto Calculation is disabled.

Open Excel and click the FILE tab.

Click the Options item in the menu on the left.

On the Excel Options dialog box, click Formulas in the menu on the left.

Scroll down to the Calculation options section and select Automatic

Save this

Close and reopen Excel and tell me please if it now auto calculates.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist

Your a legend! Let me know if you need any advice on wine.

Warm regards,

Thanks Neil!

Not so much wine, but anything on Scotch is appreciated :)

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist