Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am trying to run Office 2013 (a terrible product) on Windows

Customer Question
8 (also a terrible product)...
I am trying to run Office 2013 (a terrible product) on Windows 8 (also a terrible product), but Outlook has never been stable and now shuts down as soon as I open it. Every time it shuts down and is re-opened, it downloads from the server another copy of every unread message. If I call up Outlook 2007 to have current access to e-mail, then the ones it downloads are inaccessible when Outlook 2013 is back in service. What can be done?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/28/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: James K., Consultant replied 4 years ago
James K., Consultant
Hello

My name is James.

Welcome to Just Answer

I am sorry your having a problem i will do the best i can to help you resolve this.

Any reason you want both versions of outlook installed , ?

Outlook 2013 has shut down repeatedly in the past since I made the mistake of installing it in March. I have to have some means other than WebMail of getting and sending e-mail, so it's a back-up.

The current situation of multiple shutdowns and inability to get it operating normally just started on Monday. I do not know if there was an intervening automatic update or not.

Ok

Can i remote on and have a look sounds like a Add in issue

I can send you a link to connect ?

Yes

http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=2ccb1990-59cc-497e-acf2-241a50bf48a6

Click the Link above then

1) Click Join
2) Click Yes/Run/OK/Allow if asked
3) Click allow if asked by any Anti virus

The link is not working. Do you have another?

When you say not working there are 4 options to connect ?

Copy and paste the link if its not working when you click it

The link does not work. The error message says it is invalid, cannot connect to server, etc. I tried it on Mozilla and Internet Explorer. IE reports:

Link is fine see enclosed screeshot

graphic

but use this way to connect

1) Go to http://Join.me
2) Click the orange Share Button
3) Let the File Run
4) at the top of your screen you will see this http://join.me/000-000-000

Nine random numbers

Give me the Nine Number and i will connect

The link is still deader than a doornail from here.

The join-me numbers are 253-032-891

Rebooting loses the connection
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast