Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Hi there, I would like to know how to use excel to calculate

stock end dates. For example...
Hi there, I would like to know how to use excel to calculate stock end dates. For example. If I have 120 units, and I go through an average of 4 units per week (assuming stock was drawn down on a Monday), what formula would I use to get the date my stock would run out.

Many thanks in advance.
Richard.
8/27/2013
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

The-PC-Guy :

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

The-PC-Guy :

try something like this

The-PC-Guy :

=TODAY()+((120/4)*7)

The-PC-Guy :

based on your example that would give you the end date

The-PC-Guy :

based on today's date

The-PC-Guy :

you can change the numbers as you see fit

Customer:

Hi there, thanks for this. Are you able to tell me how the layout of the TODAY formula is ie. dd/mm/yyyy?

Customer:

figured it out. thanks andrew.

Try something like this

=TODAY()+((120/4)*7)

based on today's date

based on your example that gives me a date of 3/25/2014. Let me know if you will be needing anything else

if you need any modifications to the formula, or have questions let me know.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Sorry, I didn't see your last response.

Can you please reload the web page, and try again.

Thanks.

No bother, I answered my own question.

Thank you for your help.

Thats good to hear!

Please rate me Good or Excelent Service so I can get reimbursed for my time

Thankyou.

Hi Andrew, if I could bother you for one more question. I was wondering what formula I would use to work out a projected total number of stock units usage from todays date up till a predetermined end date.

eg. If a customer used 1 unit per week from the current week, up until say the 12/30/2013, what formula would I use to figure out the total number of units used or allocated between now and then?

so you would want to know how many units was used between the 2 dates?
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager