Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Access database What I have is an Access database that I

Access database What I have is...
Access database

What I have is an Access database that I am tracking repairs services and inspections that are done to each piece of equipment. What I need is to create a report so that if the user enters equipment number 82 it will show all services, repairs and inspections that were done to that piece of equpment. I have database below

http://www.mediafire.com/?wudgxevg31spmc5
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Looking at this now. Firs though, you already have this report made and it is not working?

yea you can delete that. What I would really like is may a box that pops up that they can enter the equpment number that show a report with all the above information

ok, let me look at it

ok, so you need the entire report made from scratch, not just fix the report?

yes that is all wrong

ok, I have done a price change request, as it is a lot more work then expected as I need to structure the database correctly.

The website will notify you of this.

$50 is fine

ok, you need to reply to the email they sent

I am going to do this for you know, but please reply to their email so it is processed

when I hit the link it just opens the question there's nowhere to add it price I can add 30 as a bonus if you would like

ok, lets do that

Youll have it soon

also I just noticed miles and hours need to be in a separate column

ok, will split it
Done Mel

Go to

www.wikisend.com

Click Download, and use File ID# XXXXX

Please give me your feedback after testing

Thank you
Hi Mel,

I am about to log off now. I did not know what your urgency on this was, but am back online Sunday.

Did you check it out yet? The reason is if this is urgent for you to now get done, I want to hear any issues you have with the version I gave, so I can remain online a the moment till we get it sorted.

Let me know please.

Thank you

I looked at the database. But the report is very slopy and the data does not seem right.

No, I used test data, you need to put in your data

What is slopy about the report?

I know that there is test data what I am seeing is when you put in the equipment number at the top under equipment number it is pulling dates of 07/20/2019 to 09/20/2013. where are those dates comping from that should just be the equipment number at the very top

inspections is also only pulling due date not the completed date

Its the dates from Service and Inspections

I moved these to under their headers.

You can download under ID 301544 from www.wikisend.com

Test and Let me know the results please

the data is still all wrong. filters is showing under inspections that should be listed under services. solmething is just not right

I have moved it to services

you can download it under # XXXXX

Ok it looks like filter just needs to be removed from inspection. Also can you tell me how I would edit these tables going forward. I will need to add columns that will need to display on the form also.

Can you double check as the last version I gave has Filter removed

Sorry that is correct

No problem

Now, when you add a new field to the Tablet, then you open the report.

Go to Design View.

Click on .... on Record Source (in properties)

Then add the new field in that query by double clicking on it.

Then Save and close.

On the report (still in design view) click at the top ab|

This allows you to add a new field on the Report.

Place it where you like. Then click it and in its properties, click on Control Source and choose the new field.

It will then display it.

I made the database so that all the references will stay, so you do not need to worry about that.

Richard, Software Specialist

Can you test the report for something. If you put equipment number 80. Nothing is showing in the report but there is data in there

Not for 80 there is no equipment.

Can you upload your version with this data?

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Sorry I fixed it I had data but the equpiment number was not listed

No problem!

This database needs to grow. to show all the data. If you add an inspection for equpment number 20 and it is listed twice it will only show one. is this set up that way.

It will show both inspections for that equipment on the report.

This is the way I made it.

Okay I can see that. It is not listing them together. It is listing them at the bottome does it have to be that way

yes it does, as it needs to repeat them after the initial data.

Richard, Software Specialist