Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

A temp version of Outlook 2010 was deleted during a restore.

It had 2 profiles and...
A temp version of Outlook 2010 was deleted during a restore. It had 2 profiles and the option to choose which upon opening. I bought Outlook2013(card). However, I no longer have the opportunity to choose a profile. Only one comes up. Apparently I missed a step at set up. Can I re-install from the card and will I be given the opportunity to select "choose profile at startup."
8/19/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

Can you tell me please which version of windows you are using?

Thank you

2108

sorry Dean, it will either be

windows XP

Windows Vista

Windows 7

Or Windows 8

If you do not know, no problem, just let me know.

Thank you

Windows 8

Thank you

Can you please press the windows key + X and choose Control Panel.

Once this opens, in the top right, type in Mail

The Mail icon will appear.

Click on it and the click Show Profiles.

this is the place where you create and remove profiles and set one as default (or tell Outlook to ask you which on to use).

To tell Outlook to ask you which one to use when it opens, at the bottom of that window you see

"When starting Outlook; use this profile"

Put a check in the circle "Prompt for a profile to be used"

Click OK, and now when outlook starts, it will ask you which profile to use.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you

Now, do I go back and open the last .pst for Outlook to recover my files?

You need to do the following to import the emails from the PST file.

In the correct profile, do the following please

Click the File tab.
Click Open.
Click Import.
In the Import and Export Wizard, click Import from another program or file, and the click Next.

Click Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.

Click Browse, and then choose the file to import.

NOTE Under Options, it is recommended that you click Do not import duplicates unless you want the imported information to replace or duplicate items already in Outlook.Import and Export Wizard with Do not import duplicates selected

Click Next.

If a password XXXXX assigned to the Outlook Data File (.pst), you are prompted to enter the password, and then click OK.

Set the options for importing items. The default settings usually don’t need to be changed.

Import and Export Wizard with default options selected

The top folder — usually Personal Folders, Outlook Data File, or your email address — is selected automatically.

Include subfolders is selected by default. All folders under the folder selected will be imported.

The default selection of Import items into the same folder in matches the folders from the imported file to the folders in Outlook. If a folder doesn’t exist in Outlook, it will be created.

Click Finish.

The emails from the PST file are then imported into this Profile Dean.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist