Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

XCELI like to make a conditional value.amount= If the

XCEL I like to make a...
XCEL

I like to make a conditional value.
amount= If the phrase "late fee" appears in a field, even if it is combined with other words.
eg.

C1=if B1 has phrase "late fee"
B1 entry would be: July payment and late fee
In most instances B1 would be July Paymnet, then C1 would be zero.
8/1/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

I can look at your file to do this.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

And tell me which cells this applies to

Thank you

http://wikisend.com/download/353388/BILLING TEMPLATE.xlsx

id is 353388

ty

note the fields that I want to edit with conditional phrase are highlighted in red

Thanks

So C13 and B24

And what should it do if it sees Late Fee?

it should take the amount(usually $25) from that row that has the term late fee, and add it up. This should be done for all rows B: 18-B42 and add up all amounts on that row for column C:18-C42
then add and enter total at B13.

I want the program to seak late fees listed and add them up to see all the total of late fees charged for all months.

so to clarify

If rows b18-42 have late fee in it.

It will add up the amount on the C row (the same row number) and total it for B13?

So B13 has a total of all rows that has the word Late Fee in B in it?

yes! you got it,. Is that possible?

Of course, and I have done it for you

Go to www.wikisend.com

File ID is 394256

Download and test.

Let me know the results please

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist