Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

EXcel 2010 opens in toolbar but cannot display the page

7/1/2013
businesslegions
businesslegions, IT Consultant

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

PLEASE NOTE: If this chat is idle for 5 minutes (no messages received by either party) it times out. If you do login to this chat and it appears I'm offline, please leave me a message here and I'll connect as soon as I can.

Customer:

ok

businesslegions :

Can you please tell me what happens when you open excel?

Customer:

Excel apears in Win 7 toolbar and hover displays the page but clicking it or any other action will not get the page to dispaly on the screen

Customer:

if i start insafe mode it displays ok

businesslegions :

i see

businesslegions :

on the toolbar

businesslegions :

can you right click on it

businesslegions :

then select maximise

Customer:

there is no maximise

Customer:

it lists 9 previosu files, EXcelm pin to task bar and Close window

businesslegions :

what are the options?

businesslegions :

ok left click on it

businesslegions :

and tell me what happens

Customer:

left click does nothin 0 this usualy shows or hides

businesslegions :

ok what happens when you select one of the 9 previous files

Customer:

nothing - this is the problem

businesslegions :

ok

businesslegions :

press control alt delete together

businesslegions :

and then select task manager

businesslegions :

click on applications

Customer:

yep

businesslegions :

do you see excel listed?

Customer:

yes with file selected and status running

businesslegions :

ok

businesslegions :

right click on it and then select maximise

Customer:

yep - nothing happens

businesslegions :

right click and select bring to font

Customer:

yep - nothing happens

businesslegions :

do you have two screens?

businesslegions :

to 1 screen connected

Customer:

yep and oyu are correct - goes onto 2nd screen which was turned off

Customer:

many thanks

Customer:

i feel like an idiot

businesslegions :

no problems

businesslegions :

:)

businesslegions :

that's ok

businesslegions :

it happens to all of us

businesslegions :

if you can take a minute to rate my services that will be great

businesslegions :

bonuses are much appreciated

Customer:

will do

businesslegions :

please click the smiley faces to rate

businesslegions :

have a nice day

businesslegions
businesslegions, IT Consultant
Thank you for providing me with a positive rating. I'm glad that my skills and services helped you solve your problems. If there's any other questions that you may have please post them and I'll help you with solving the problem or post your question directly to me by going to my profile.

businesslegions Profile

Once again thanks and have a nice day

Thanks and regards,

Marco
businesslegions
businesslegions
businesslegions, IT Consultant