Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have Microsoft Office Excel and Word 2003 installed in my

I have Microsoft Office Excel and Word 2003 installed in my computer. Just Excel (Word is OK) will no longer open, but tries to ... "reconfigure" box appears ... but asks for CD that I no longer have.What should I do?"

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

Being that you already purchased the software, you can request a copy of the CD from Microsoft at little or no charge.

U.S. customers can contact the Microsoft Order Desk at the following phone number: (NNN) NNN-NNNN Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.
Canadian customers can contact the Canadian Order Desk at the following number: (NNN) NNN-NNNN Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Pacific time.

If you have any questions, I am available to continue.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to know how to fix the 2003 Excel program already installed in my computer!!!

The way to fix it is to locate your CD or follow my instructions on how to get the cd to do that.

Another option is to install Open Office, which is a free version of Office.

You can download a free version of Office called Open Office from the following link: http://download.openoffice.org/

- Download, save, and run that file

You can use that program to create and edit Office documents (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).