How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Josh Your Own Question
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Category: Microsoft Office
Satisfied Customers: 20229
Experience:  Microsoft Office expert
Type Your Microsoft Office Question Here...
Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I accidentally renamed a word perfect 51 file and the previously

This answer was rated:

I accidentally renamed a word perfect 51 file and the previously named file information is gone. Anyway to recover it? Example: Had a file named "billing" with lots of information in it, I was working on a file that did not contain billing data and when I saved that file I accidentally named it "billing". Can I recover the old "billing" file data?
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you,

Please go to the file on your desktop

RIGHT CLICK on it and select Properties

Click on Previous Versions tab and select the file that was previously saved and click on Restore or Open to view the file to make sure it is the right one.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The document is a WordPerfect 5.1 document and does not have a previous versions tab under properties.

Which operating system do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Windows XP

Unfortunately that recover option is not available in Windows XP.

You can try using a file recovery software like Recuva to see if you can recover the old file before it was edited.

Please try downloading Recuva here --->

Run the program and see if the files will be recovered.
Josh and 4 other Microsoft Office Specialists are ready to help you