NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I obviously have deleted something I should not have deleted

Customer Question

I obviously have deleted something I should not have deleted under the guise of a cleanup of my laptop. I get a message asking me to rebuild my database....but always end up with the message "Your database could not be rebuilt"
I have searched high and low on the Internet to find a solution. Nada!
- Sandy Grant
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name is Dustin and I am here to help you with your issue..

It sounds like your referring to microsoft office for mac. So Im not making guesses though, can you confirm whether you have a mac, or a pc .

And also, what version of office you are using, 2007, 2008,. 2010., 2011 ?

( and your email program that wants to rebuild the database, is this outlook, or entourage? )

Thanks, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, Dustin. First, I am a 72 year old fart that is sometimes technically challenged.
I am not home at the moment but I can tell you that it is indeed MO for Macs! (Office Home & Student 2011).
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for that information..

And thank you for letting me know the technical expertise level you have.. As that always helps ..

Since your not at home with the mac, I can offer you two options for you and I working on this issue.

Option 1. We wait till you get home, and then I can connect directly to that mac, via a screen sharing session, and I can enact some repairs myself...

Option 2. I can send you some repair procedures that you will have to do on your own. ( but that I will be availale to guide you through, via email in case you get stuck )

Let me know what option you would prefer, and we will go about working on the issue further.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I would prefer to give you remote access. I will be home in ten minutes.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Many thanks, Dustin, but I resolved my own problem. Since I will be using Mail from now on (on my MacBook Pro), I decided to (a) delete my identity and (2) uninstall Office for Macs.
My error messages have all gone!

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Understood!

Let me know if there is anything else you need..

And if not, I can close this question out since you solved the issue on your own.

Dustin S