Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I need help with power point presentation

6/20/2013
lani_s

Can you please provide the details of the PowerPoint presentation that you need help on?

Thanks.

I want to present a 30 minute talk to a group about me.

This would include pictures and short video clips.

I have openoffice power point. The free one

Patrick

How can I help in this?

Do you have to put your actual pictures and short video clips or just any that can represent to describe you?

This means you will be taking most of the part when you talk about you, so I guess the help you are seeking here would be in preparing the presentation slides.

In any case, I would then need some info about you that want to talk about.

If the pictures and short clips have to be actual, you will need to provide those.

When do you need the presentation by the way?

I give the presentation on Friday so I need to have it ASAP so I can practice.

I have a friend who has an Apple and can do power point and we've done of it.

Could I forward you what he's done for me?

He/ we have had trouble adding video clips Can I do this from a CD or DVD? How do I do It? I thought of taking video with my iphone and forwarding that to my friend. Would that be the easiest way to put clips on power point?

Patrick

You can add video clips files from your computer or any storage device connected to your computer. If you have video clips saved in CD or DVD, all you have to do is to use the toolbars in the PowerPoint program to add a 'movie' then locate and choose the file you want to add in your PowerPoint slide. Video taken through iphone can be used too.

Anyway, please try to upload the presentation you have done via www.mediafire.com and please post here the sharing link. You may also upload other files (photos or video clips) that you want to add in the presentation.

I will take a look and see how can I help.

Thanks.

I appreciate your rapid answer.

I am busy for the rest of today to will get back to you tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Patrick

I couldn't download mediafire.

The wheel just kept spinning....15 minutes
Any other way to get it to you?

Patrick

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .

It looks like your previous expert has opted out.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Id like to help you with this issue Patrick.

Question, are you just wanting to be able to send video to your friend, so that they can insert it into the presentation?

If media fire wasnt working for you.. You could try the free google drive service ( if you have a gmail account )

https://drive.google.com

Or, you could try dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/

Both dropbox and google drive will allow you to upload files, and then share those files with anyone , anywhere..

That being said, I realize you have a deadline Patrick. . So if you want, you and I can connect during a screen sharing session, where I can help you in person to get the files uploaded, and even work on the presentation ourselves a bit ( if thats what you would like to do )

Send a reply when you can, and thank you for your patience so far.

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin

You are a very kind soul.

If I click on the smiley face, does that end our interaction?

Should I upload videos to my computer first?

I have Nero which I believe will upload.

I have to go to work until 5pm PST.

That's why I don't respond quickly.

Patrick

If you clicked on the smiley face, it would not end our interaction..

Clicking the smiley face only says , " the issue was resolved by this person "

For the time being Patrick, I dont know if the issue, has been resolved?

Would you like me to meet up with you after work, where we can conduct a screen sharing session ( no extra fee for doing so ) That way during a screen sharing session, I can help you in person to go over the steps needed..

Or, were you able to use either google drive or dropbox to upload the pictures and videos you wanted ?

When you can, ( and there is no rush on my end for you to feel like you have to get back to me asap, take your time ) when you can please send a response letting me know where you currently stand..

and how you would like to proceed from here..

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Dustin,

I think it would be great to have a screen sharing session.

When can we do it?

Patrick

Hi XXXXX seen your reply..

What we can do is schedule a time when you and I both are online..

And we can start the session and work on the presentation together..

I am available now for the next couple of hours. I am also available this afternoon fro 2 to 5pm. Pacific Standard Time.

Patrick

I just want to make a slide presentation.

I need to get images from:

CD's

DVD's

and iphone

Hello Patrick..

Not sure if I am still in your time window.. Due to area wide internet issues after the storm we had last night.. Ive had to go out to the public lirary to get a connection.. So Im running a little behind this morning.

If your still online now, then you and I can get started after you send a reply.

If Ive already missed you, then I look forward to seeing you during your next window of 2-5 Pm PST.

Dustin S.

What time zone are you in?

A good time for me would be this Thursday beginning about 9 am.

Work for you?

Patrick

Im in the Central US Time zone.. Its currently 10:10 am..

Before I can be certain if Thursday your time at 9 am works for me, can you clarify what time zone your in?

I am in Pacific time zone. It is now 10:16.

Are you available?

Patrick

I am available Patrick.. Lets try to get connected..

Click this link to get started

http://166.78.231.170:8040

Enter Patrick for the password..

Then, when it asks.. Make sure you allow, run, or install the connection file.

If you get stuck at any point send me a reply here as soon as you can so I can help you.

if it tells you that your connected, also send me a reply, so that I can then connect from my end.

Thanks!

Dustin S.

Dustin,

I am connected.

Patrick

Dustin,

am I connected?

Can you see my screen?

Patrick

I am connected Patrick, and we are tallking Via instant messenger within the screen sharing session.

Please respond there, and only send a reply here if our session closes or errors..

Dustin S
We had quite a long adventure today Patrick.

Things that needed to be done..

We had to extract some pictures from a DVD.. convert them to a working format that power point could recognize..

To do so, we had to download and install the MOG video software..

Also, we then extracted a few short segments of video, from within a much larger video..

To do that, we had to install the VLC ( roadcone ) video software..

Then, we still had to conver the video, so they would have sound and video and also work inside powerpoint..

We had to try two different programs to get the videos converted properly so they would link in power point, and then add properly in powerpoint.

It took us a while, but we did get the three pictures extracted and added, and the 4 videos extracted, converted and added.

And then we were able to package the presentation so that it embedded the video files.. And then save it to the flash drive..

All should be ready to go for the presentation ( other then the slides possibly being in a different order then youd like.. I cant remember if you completed moving the slides to the order you wanted before we started on the long process of extracting the images and videos..)

If you have any further questions or run into any issues, please let me know.

Other then that, it would be appropriate at this time to click one of the rating icons below, and then click submit ... This shows whether or not I was able to help you with the issues you were having.

Thanks for your time and Patience Patrick, and I hope the presentation is a success.

Dustin S.

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Hello again Patrick..

Just wanted to check back with you and see if the presentation went well yesterday...

I hope it was a success!

Also, this question is still unrated and shows as unsolved.. ( and the end of the month is almost here! )

When you can, please respond and let me know how things went..

Dustin S.
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist