Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

This is a Microsoft Word page formatting problem. I have pre-printed

This is a Microsoft Word...
This is a Microsoft Word page formatting problem. I have pre-printed thank you notes which folds in half. When opened I want to be able to type on the right-hand side of the page and when that page is full Microsoft Word should begin to print on the left-hand side.

I've had much difficulty trying to format this properly and Microsoft Word will change the layout from my custom layout to one of its standard formats.

I have scanned in the thank you note and can send it to you but I do not know how to attach a PDF file to this message.

Please help me.

Jim
6/3/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

So basically, you want to be able to type over the blank space in the Thank you Note and for Word to format this correctly?

If so, can you upload the PDF please do I can see it.

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you

The file I uploaded I uploadedI uploaded the PDF file

- Upload the file to that website
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Have we lost each other?

Not at all Jim

I am waiting for the File ID from You so I can download the PDF.

I sent the file two times. I'll send it again.

I get the message:

We are sorry, but an error has occured while uploading.

You can return to the start page and try again.

what am i doing wrong?

It may have an issue.

Can you upload the file to this site instead please

Click Me

And provide me the download link please.

Thank you

That worked just fine

Good, but I need the Download link Jim, else I cannot Download it.

http://www.ge.tt/2wu1POi/v/0?c

http://www.ge.tt/2wu1POi/v/0?c. Is this what you need?

Thank you Jim

Please download this document I made for you

http://ge.tt/21YEROi/v/0?c

Tell me if you see any problems please.

Thank you

No, perhaps I can send you another Word document that may explain better what I need. I forgot, how do I upload a file.

Can you tell me what was wrong with that document? as it can help.

The note card gets folded in half. when opened, i need to type on the right hand side of the page and when that is full, Word should go to the left hand side of the page. In other words, I need two columns.

Like this Jim?

http://ge.tt/3jmRVOi/v/0?c

Please let me know.

No, I guess I have not made myself clear. What you are looking at with the thank you sincerely XXXXX XXXXX right-hand side I would call that the front fold this page paper in half and then open it up to the blank side of the paper. I want to begin typing on the right-hand side of the page and when that is completed continue to type on the left-hand side of the page. In other words two columns with typing beginning on the right-hand column then continuing to the left-hand column.

Does this help?

ok, ignore the left to right when you finish typing, but is this how you want it.

http://ge.tt/5GidZOi/v/0

Note, the Columns are invisible, so click in them and start typing.

Let me know the results please

Ok so far. when i fill up the right hand column, i want Word to continue at the top of the left hand column, not go down to the next page.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX cannot do sorry, Word can only go right to left.

But, when you get to the end of the page, click in the top left and it goes there.

It then keeps it in the Column.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

That makes it very difficult. If I type a message in both columns, and have make a change in the right column, then I have to cut and paste just right to adjust the columns. I have to do about 150 of these and that going to be difficult.

Did you insert a frame for this and if so, how did you do it?

This is the limitation in word Jim.

Else you need to look at online software made for this (word is for documents)

Click Me

Or

Click Me

Which is developed to make it easier and comes with a wide range of Graphic.

Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist