Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

In MS Access I am trying to send an automatic E-mail from a

form....
In MS Access I am trying to send an automatic E-mail from a form.
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/3/2013
Richard, Software Specialist
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

First, is the email sending from the form at the moment?

Hello Richie

Yes, the button sends the e-mails. Do you want me to send the database to you with the changes I made?

Yes please John

- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"

Thank you

File ID: 846500

ok, so now you just want to press a button and it emails based on if the date is today or not correct?

As you will need to still press a button to start this.

No. I need the date to activate the e-mail automatically.

so you are going to leave this program running 24/7?

Yes. The database I sent you is only a simple sample. The equipment they are dealing with are large and dangerous if not properly kept up. The boss wants to make sure that when a compressor inspection date is due, the two supervisors will be notified to completed the inspection on time. He has to deal with OSHA if they are not done on time. It is important to send the e-mails on the various dates that the inspection are due.

ok, my advise John is to have someone open the form and click a button once a day. The reason is, you can only run once form 24/7 as it ties up the program, plus it will complicate any future expansion of the program.

Is it possible to have someone click a button once a day and it then sends out the emails.

Or, knowing this, you still want it automatic?

Please let me know.

Thank you

I have as many as 10 databases for each facility and as many 40 pieces of equipment. It makes it impractical for someone to press the buttons every day. I would like to try automatic and see how it goes.

this is done John

You can download it here

http://ge.tt/5Xh46Oi/v/0?c

When you run the compressor 1 form, it auto runs in the back ground.

Let me know if you have any difficulties please

Thank you

I will see if it sends the e-mail tomorrow.

If in the future you think of a better way of accomplishing this task, please contact me. I will gladly pay for the information.

Thanks,
[email protected]
XXX-XXX-XXXX

You need to put everything into one form John, then this solution is ok, else for each form you need to put it in its own database, and that is not the way you wish to go.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist