Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

It appears mt microsoft office 2010 has uninstalled from my

computer and I can't open...
It appears mt microsoft office 2010 has uninstalled from my computer and I can't open it. Im not sure why this has happened
6/2/2013
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist

Shefin :

Hello, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for allowing me to assist you!

Shefin :

Please let me know when you are ready.

Customer:

Ok im ready

Shefin :

Has Microsoft Office came preinstalled with your computer?

Customer:

yes but I have the package for it with the product key

Shefin :

May I know the make and model number of your computer?

Customer:

HP Pavilion dv6. Sorry the packaging I have was for my other computer

Shefin :

Please be informed that, Office came preinstalled on your computer was a trial version, which will expire after 60 days or a number of uses.

Shefin :
I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.
Shefin :

After some uses, it will start asking the product key.

Customer:

ok ive had the computer for over 3 years and its only just been unable to be used

Shefin :

You have to purchase a new product key, or a new version Microsoft Office in order to use it further.

Shefin :

I think you were not using Microsoft Office.

Shefin :

More than a number of uses.

Shefin :

Were you using it a lot?

Customer:

not really, whats the sort of numbers that i could use it?

Shefin :

I think not more than 50 times.

Customer:

im sure i would have used it more than that. oh well if I have to get a new key then i'll have to do it

Shefin :

It is better to purchase a new Microsoft Office disc with key, than purchasing the key alone.

Shefin :

So that you can use the disc anytime, when you want to install it.

Shefin :

If you purchase the key alone, it will be difficult to get the download, if you want to in stall it again.

Customer:

ok so i need to go to a shop rather than online?

Shefin :

You may purchase the CD online.

Shefin :

It is better to get it from shop.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help

Shefin :

You are always welcome!

Shefin :

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Customer:

no need to apologise its not your fault

Shefin :

Thank you for your patience with me.

Shefin :
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!
Customer:

can i ask one more question I have a disc for office 2007 can i install that?

Shefin :

On how many computers, you have installed it?

Customer:

one i think

Shefin :

Are you sure that the software for more than one computer?

Customer:

no

Shefin :

You have the product key too. Right?

Customer:

yes it says on the pack licensed for 3 pcs

Shefin :

If so, you have to uninstall the trial version first.

Customer:

ok, i think i'll just get the new cd and key for 2010

Shefin :

The CD is for three PCS. Right?

Customer:

yes

Shefin :

Then, you can install it on another computer.

Shefin :

However, you have to remove the 2010 trial version, so that you can install the 2007 disc.

Customer:

great thanks again for your help

Shefin :

1. Open a Microsoft Office program that is not a trial version, such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or Microsoft OneNote.

2. Click the File tab.

3. Click Help.

4. Under Trial Product, find Microsoft Office Professional 2010, and then click Licensing Operations.

5. Click Remove Trial.

Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist
Shefin, Microsoft Office Specialist