Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

In relation to Outlook Express,re using tools,to block sender

Customer Question
proceddures is not functioning correctley,can you...
In relation to Outlook Express,re using tools,to block sender proceddures is not functioning
correctley,can you HELP.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/15/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is Jess and I am glad to assist you today.

Are you trying to block email addresses in your Outlook Express in Windows XP? You mentioned NOT functioning. Are you saying that you are unable to block an email address or you were able to block the email address but still his or her message still pass through?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Hi There Jess,blk/sed/list.

Procedure used,Tools-Mes Rules,enter email sender address,then to list.

Is sucessfull in somecasses,other emails are filtering through.

Currently using Windows XP,Outlook Express.

Please advise remidy.

Regards Graham.

Graham,

Thank you for writing back. Please do these steps to block specific senders or contacts:
  1. Open Outlook Express
  2. In the list of messages in your Inbox or wherever this person's message is stored, highlight or select the message.

3. When the message is selected, click on Message menu then click on Block Sender...

4. Click Yes to have all existing messages from the blocked sender deleted from the current folder. Then future messages are blocked even if you answer No to the question and keep existing messages.

Please give it a try and see if the problem is solved. Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Hi Graham,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist