Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

How do you sort the following by the dates listed in Word 2010 and 201

Customer Question
3? 02/19/2003 Patient was injured...
How do you sort the following by the dates listed in Word 2010 and 201 3?

02/19/2003

Patient was injured on 02/13/03 when he slipped on the second floor and injured his right leg. He had a bruise on his calf. Dr. Smith recommended sedentary work. The patient was injured during his employment with Disney World.

Patient fell at work. Neurovascularly intact with some right calf pain. Discharged without any permanent disability.

11/04/2009

X-ray of the left knee, interpreted as negative.

11/05/2006

Patient complained of posterior neck pain and discomfort. Advised to see a specialst.
11/12/2009: PR-2. Complaints of posterior neck discomfort, right and left arm pain and pain with deep breathing. Advised to undergo a dental evaluation. Patient still had a lot of arm and chest pain.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
5/10/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Pete, Computer Expert replied 4 years ago
Pete, Computer Expert
Welcome to JustAnswer,
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Word will not recognize the dates as dates when sorting by paragraph, so it will sort them as if they were paragraph numbers, reading them from left to right.

The only way to sort this information by date is to either put the year first, then month, then day (e.g. 2009/11/12), or use a table.

Incomplete answer. So if I type 2009/11/12 then what do I do to sort the entire document? That is my main question.

If you change the dates you can then sort by choosing Paragraph and number.
However the easiest way to sort this type of data is in a table and sort by row, not paragraph.

I cannot use a table, as this is a document. I stated that in my original question. I just executed your instructions to sort by paragraph and number, and it sorted all the numbers at the bottom of the document.

Your answer did not work. Please refund my money, as you guarantee satisfaction.

Pete, Computer Expert