Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I use excel as a simple dasebase table of my clients and their

contact info. When I add...
I use excel as a simple dasebase table of my clients and their contact info. When I add new contacts, sort by name alphabeticlly, and save the table is adding 70 to 100 extra blank rows at the top. I do not know what I am doing wrong or how to easily delete the blank rows at the top.
5/5/2013
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Jason :

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name isXXXXX look forward to helping you today.

Jason :

This can be the case if some of those empty rows either have a value in any of the cells or if it has a " " space in it.

Customer:

great

Customer:

I'm Chuck

Jason :

One way to remove the rows manually is to select the rows on the left side of the table, right click it, and choose Delete or Hide.

Jason :

Hi Chuck

Jason :

Does that make sense? As far as how to remove the rows goes?

Jason :

If you wish, I can remote into your system real quick, take a look at the spreadsheet, and fix this for you.

Customer:

i am deleting now

Jason :

Thank you

Jason :

ok

Jason :

You should only have to do that once.

Jason :

When you delete the rows, it will erase any empty values as well. Later when you add new contacts and re-sort, the problem should not exist anymore.

Customer:

i now have a big black line part way down the speadsheet and deleted about 50 rows

Jason :

Thank you for the update.

May I please, start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

Customer:

do you want to do a remote access

Jason :

Do not do anything to the spreadsheet. Just keep it open.

Jason :

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=84d3a45a-a116-4e73-8e37-040749ae7ef5&SUPPORT=NET

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Jason :

Are you having any problems with running that remote application after it is downloaded?

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?

Customer:

yes

Jason :

Customer:

chrome

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

After the program downloads, click the little arrow to the right of the download, click KEEP, then click the main button again and run it.

Jason :

Or you can open it in Internet Explorer instead.

Customer:

it is just spinning saying joining the sessio0n

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

Did you already run the Elsinore application after it downloaded?

Jason :

Please, open the link in Internet Explorer instead.

Customer:

i just clicked on try another option

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

Were you able to run it in Internet Explorer?

Jason :

Are you still with me?

Customer:

i need to start over

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

Why is that?

Customer:

this is not working

Jason :

ok

Jason :

Let's try it another way.

Jason :

DISCLAIMER

By choosing to click the Join.Me link below, you understand and agree to give the Expert full access to and control over your computer for computer diagnosis, service and repair; that any third-party software acquired, installed or used during the RemoteDesktop session, by you or the Expert, will be licensed to you, and any terms of use agreed to by you.

JustAnswer strongly recommends that you at all times maintain a complete data backup and disaster recovery plan.

If you agree to the terms listed above, you may continue below.

- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.

Thank you.

Customer:

i have remote access all the time

Jason :

ok

Jason :

DISCLAIMER

Thank you.

Customer:

this usyually works

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

DISCLAIMER

Thank you.

Customer:

i am in

Jason :

You are in what?

Customer:

i am in

Jason :

Okay, thank you.

Jason :

What is it that you are "in"?

Customer:

i have your screen share opened on the desktop

Jason :

ok.

Jason :

Do you see the number?

Jason :

Hello?

Customer:

no

Jason :

If you ran the Join Me application, it will show you a 9 digit number on top.

Jason :

Ok.

Jason :

What does it mean when you say "I am in"?

Jason :

Do you have Internet Explorer open?

Customer:

135-682-386

Jason :

Thank you

Customer:

opps

Customer:

\mistake

Jason :

That is not correct.

Customer:

135-681-386

Jason :

Thank you

Jason :

I look forward to your next message or your rating below.

Thank you again,
- Jason

Jason :

I remoted in and fixed the problem for you.

Jason :

Please, do not forget to rate my help below.

Jason :

It looks like you left the chatroom without rating me.

Jason :

I am only given credit when you rate me well.

Jason :

The deposit that you already made and have been charged will be released when you rate me below.

Jason :

Thank you.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Thank you.

Jason Jones, Computer Technician