Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

When I get a MS Excell attachment in an email I receive, It

will not open....
When I get a MS Excell attachment in an email I receive, It will not open.
5/3/2013
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you go to your email website and use email there, or do you use an email program like Outlook, etc.? Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or Mac computer?

Is there any error / message when opening an excel attachment? Does it happen to all excel attached files, or just a particular excel attached file?

If you save/download the excel attachment first to a folder on your computer, then open it from the folder, does it work?

Is there any issue with other attachment types, such as documents or pdf files?

Please let me know. Thank you

This happens on my Lotus Notes email that I use from the internet when I am at home instead of at my desk/pc at the office.

I have Windows 7 on my home PC

When I click on the attachment this message always appears - "there was a problem sending the command to the program" It happens to all excel files I get as attachments.

If I try to save it - nothing happens.

I have no problem opening pdfs, MS Word docs, etc.

Sorry, are you able to open any excel file on your computer (not from email)?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check/fix this issue directly for you? Thank you

Yes my Excell 2010 will open.

Yes we can screen share.

Give me instructions.

Please click on the website below and allow the screenconnect sharing program to run:

http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=f3e23c42-8d11-42b4-bba5-186ecff47f04&SUPPORT=JAVAW

Thank you
I have resolved the issue via remote support. Please rate my service. Thank you very much.
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech