Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 with Windows 8 Pro. My

I have Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 with Windows 8 Pro. My question is, when I try to open IE 10. It freezes after opening the beginning page and will do nothing. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Any assistance will be appreciated.
Hi, I will assist,

I'm sorry about your IE issue. Please try:

1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen (if you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen and move the mouse pointer down), and then tap or click Search. Enter Internet options in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
  2. In the search results, tap or click Internet Options. Tap or click the Advanced tab and then tap or click Reset…
  3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings window tap or click Reset
  4. Close and then restart Internet Explorer for the changes to take effect. Then check.

If that does not work, please download and install Firefox browser

http://www.firefox.com/

, then open Firefox and go to websites in Firefox and see if it works fine in Firefox.

If there is still any issue, please reply, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I tried as you asked, but the tools option was shadowed out. I also loaded the "firefox" as you asked. It worked fine, but my brother is "hooked" on Windows Explorer. If you have another suggestion, please let me know.

I apologize for responding so late, but I ended up in the hospital for a few days.

I'm sorry, don't use the tools option, but go to Settings, Control panel, internet options there per my previous suggestion, then what happens? Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dear Sir,

I apologize again for the long pause and not answering you promptly.

I am again in the hospital. If it would be alright, I would like to pick up with this question at a later date. I will close it for now, but would like to be able to come back and finish the troubleshooting later. I apologize for any problems this may cause you.

Sincerely,

George

Don't worry about it; you can always get back to me any time. Please take care of yourself first. Thank you,

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/