Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Why does the detail one has input, including column headings

Customer Question
Why does the detail one...

Why does the detail one has input, including column headings and titles go feint after the machine has been on for a while. This particularly happens with Excel and with the reminder boxes that come up in Outlook. Am runnig windows 7 It appears not as many dots are showing so the text is unreadable. Elaine XXXXXXX

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/9/2013
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

When you said "feint" are you referring to Excel program freezing or not responding with a note at the top (Not responding)?

Please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

No I am talking about the display itself. It becomes unreadable because so many of the dots that make up the characters are missing. I can still use the programme but as I can't read anything very well I have to reboot the machine so it is clear again.

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for writing back with those information.

First, I suggest that you do the following cleanup procedures to ensure that your system is clean, safe, optimized, and registry error free to eliminate the Excel issue that you are having. The steps are described below:

Cleanup with CCleaner

NOTE: If you are using a program named Roboform, please do not proceed with CCleaner cleanup. Roboform Data will be removed by CCleaner.

Please download the FREE version of CCleaner from this link:

Download FREE CCleaner Here or this link http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard

After you download the free tool, install it and run the scans and tests. By default, it runs CLEANER to cleanup from all system mess which includes all unwanted files, temporary files, temporary internet files, orphaned files and more. Make sure that all this mess that the Cleaner program has detected is removed. This will free up some space in your hard drive while speeding up your system as well.

Next, run REGISTRY Cleaner and fix the found problems. Run this REGISTRY cleaner several times and fix the issues until no issues will be found.

In order to run the Registry cleanup mode, open CCleaner, then look at the left panel of the CCleaner window. Locate and click the Registry link there and that should give you the Registry cleanup mode. Then click on the Scan for issues button. When the scan reached 100%, click FIX issues to remove the errors from your system. Then click the Scan for issues again then FIX whenever issues are still found. When no issues are found, close CCleaner.

After the cleanup, please test your MS Excel and see if it works fine this time.

If the problem still continues, please click on this link:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9668700

After clicking the Fix it link above, please click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the Fix it wizard.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) once you have all the
information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

I already have System Mechanic sorting any registry problems and cleaning up unwanted files. It runs all the time so this isn't a registry problem.

Elaine,

Please do the cleanup with your System Mechanic to get rid of unwanted files, not just registry errors. After the cleanup, please please click on this link:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9668700

Best regards,
Jess

The link you sent was out of date. I already clean up all my files regularly through System Mechanic and have done this again. Phoned Microsoft because the link did not work. Hung on for 30 minutes to be told they cant help and I need to speak to the manufacturer Dell.

You haven't answered by original query. I already do all the things you recommend because I am not an idiot. I expected you to answer the problem by finding out for me. That is what I paid for, I didn't expect to to be redirected elsewhere.

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for writing back. Please try this link again:
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9668700

If that link won't work, please tell me exactly the error message that you got when you click that link. It should allow you to download or run a FixIt tool to correct Excel startup issues.

If that link won't work, please click on this link instead:

http://tinyurl.com/bf3tb95

When you are prompted to RUN the FixIt tool, please run it to start the Excel diagnostics.

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist