Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am trying to create a formula/what if = if worksheet 1 cell

b has no text then...
I am trying to create a formula/what if = if worksheet 1 cell b has no text then worksheet 1 cell a is the value or worksheet 2 cell d. I am having trouble creating a formula with both text and numerical scenarios to get an end result
thanks
leanne
1/9/2013
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

=IF(LEN(Sheet1!B1)=0,Sheet1!A1,Sheet2!D1)

REMEMBER THAT JUST ANSWER IS A PAID SERVICE

LaughingPLEASE RATE "OK" OR HIGHER SO THAT I AM PAID FOR MY TIMELaughing

BONUS ALSO APRECIATED

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

hi Andrew, the formula does work until the value in sheet one changes

i thought this is what you asked for, if the value in cell B1 is empty, then you want the value to bee sheet 2 cell D1, otherwise the value that is in B1.

Perhaps it would be best to upload the worksheet to me so I can see what you are looking at.

you can use either

www.wikisend.com

or

www.ge.tt

both websites work the same,

simply type the url into your browser

click the upload button,

locate the file on your computer

click upload or open

wait a few seconds

the website will provide you with a download link

PASTE that link here.

thanks but i have modified it slightly and it now works.

NO PROBLEM

PLEASE ASK FOR ME FOR ALL OF YOUR FUTURE EXCEL NEEDS

if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile, or bookmark the following link

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.

no worries, will do thank you.

thank you, and let me know if you need help with excel again in the future
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager