Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

when synchronizing OUTLOOK 2010 on my 64 bit laptop with Samsung

Customer Question

when synchronizing OUTLOOK 2010 on my 64 bit laptop with Samsung NOTE many non-appoinment events (birthdays, anniversaries) get their settings changed: the PRIVATE box gets unticked, the event gets changed from FREE to BUSY, and sometimes the recurrence gets changed to an end date. Death Anniversaries get changed to 1 hour events, instead of 1 day. Likewise all events with Lunar Calendar settings (such as birthdays of Chinese people, who celebrate according to the lunar year) don't get synchronized at all.
Who can help me?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer.com

My name is Dustin and I am here to help.

Unfortunately, your suffering from a limitation of the Samsung Kies software and its interface with outlook.

Im sure your aware of the limitation each time you cross your fingers and install a Kies update.

My best advice to you, is to use a different program then Kies. The program below works exceedingly well with outlook and the Galaxy s3..

http://www.companionlink.com/

For as complex of a calendar as you have mentioned, I think the fee for the program would be reasonable, and this program will do what you wish Kies was doing.

The maker of this program doesnt survive off of phones, or apps or new features. They have one purpose, and thats to correctly sync data between mail programs and phones.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

If you feel like my advice was of help, please remember to click one of the rating icons below and then click submit.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Dustin,

many thanks. However this is a very expensive solution, and I still won't know it does what KIES fails to do until after I haev purchased it. It's really "buying a cat in the bag".

Any other solutions?

regards

Manfred

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 years ago.
I agree Manfred,

I wouldnt want to buy a software till I was certain it would work.

Companionlink offers a 14 day free trial. That should be enough time to test it out, before you decide whether or not it fits your needs..

You can download the trial from the page below.

http://www.companionlink.com/downloads/

I strive to provide great service. Please remember to click one of the rating icons below and submit it when you are satisfied. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S. Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have downloaded the programme and synced. The result is a nightmare: everything is messed up again: many non-appoinment events (birthdays, anniversaries) get their settings changed: the PRIVATE box gets unticked, the event gets changed from FREE to BUSY, and sometimes the recurrence gets changed to an end date. Time zone settings of events (such as meetings in different countries) get changed. No events with Lunar Calendar settings (such as birthdays of Chinese people, who celebrate according to the lunar year) don't get synchronized at all.

So I am back to square one; in fact even worse, because I spent hours to correct entries before syncing ...

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

see my comments from Jan 09