The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Hi I am using excel in office professional 2010 and have a

Hi I am using excel in office professional 2010 and have a calculation question.
I have a table that lists a number of different fees depending on which category the client fits into. in another table I need to show the specific set of fees associated with their category, such that as each category is selected then the cell total will reflect the category total. For example, if cell b3 is selected as 'Y' then cell K48 needs to show the sum in cell F3. Conversely, if cell b4 is selected as 'Y' then cell K48 needs to show the sum in cell F4. If cell b5 is selected as 'Y' then cell K48 needs to show the sum in cell F5. If cell b6 is selected as 'Y' then cell K48 needs to show the sum in cell F6. Can ypu please assist?
Take care, John
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question

put The following formula in K48, will accomplish what you want

=IF(B3="Y",F3,IF(B4="Y",F4,IF(B5="Y",F5,IF(B6="Y",F6,""))))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if you have any questions in the future you can visit my profile

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-1expert-2rulethemall/

and ask a question right in my box,

also you can put "PC Guy only" in your question title if you want to get to me.