Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I am considering getting into wordpress and want to understand

I am considering getting into wordpress and want to understand its limits. I understand the following is complicated, however, can I build tit with Wordpress?

A site in which users join, upload a video for a project they are doing (for example project called #121) with a project cost and other users can browse projects, find project #121 and partially donate to that projects, with a total of what's raised so far displayed on the site... ?

R. Michael :

Hi My name isXXXXX WordPress is open source which means not only is it free(usually with a web host). But this also means its limits are based on your knowledge of SQL, PHP, Javascript and HTML. Wordpress alone is a blogging template and does have quite a few features However Alone you could not accomplish this. You would need to update codes and/or insert payment method source codes.

Customer:

do they already exist or need to be written?

Hi there and welcome

Templates for uploading videos do already exist and you can view these here

http://en.support.wordpress.com/videos/

To meet your other requirements, you will need to look at using Project Management Plugins.

You can view these here

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/project-management

You will be required to modify these to a degree to get the end result that you initially specified, but it will be possible.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues