Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Power Point presentation

I have a Power Point...

I have a Power Point presentation I'm trying to play on another computer and I have saved it to a Flash Drive. It's has an odd font in it, sound, and 2 movies. When testing it on another computer, the font is changed to something else, we don't hear the sound, and the movies are saved as photos instead of playing the movie. I need it to play or show all of these elements. Can you help please? I am using Power Point 2011 for Mac, but need it to play on a PC using 2007 Power Point. I don't see anywhere when saving that I can package it or anything. Please help. Thank you.

My movies are saved a .mov movie and my sound is saved as mp3.

12/10/2012
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast

NewITZone :

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer. This is Mahbub Shahin can assist you.

Please let me know when you will be ready?

Customer:

I am

NewITZone :

Ok.

Customer:

Can you help me?

Customer:

Are you there?

NewITZone :

Yes.

NewITZone :

To perfectly transfer PPT file you must convert it as video file.

Customer:

How do I do that? I have tried to save it as a movie, but many of the special effects are lost.

NewITZone :

Please let me know your office version?

Customer:

I am using Power Point 2011 for Mac, but need it to play on a PC using 2007 Power Point.

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please try to save the file as power point 97-2003 file.

NewITZone :

Then try to transfer again.

Customer:

I don't know what you mean by transfer. It says in Power Point that movies are converted to JPEGs in power point 97-2003. When I tried to play it in that version... the movie is just a picture.

NewITZone :

JPEG format used for picture not for video..

NewITZone :

From mac's power point save as 97-2007 version

Customer:

Yes I know... Did you read my question?

NewITZone :

Yes.

NewITZone :

Did you try to published on CD

Customer:

And how do I do that...

Customer:

You did read what version of power point I'm working on right?

NewITZone :

Please hold on.

NewITZone :

Do you have any cd/dvd burner software?

Customer:

yes

NewITZone :

Which software?

Customer:

I'm using a mac so their software

NewITZone :

Ok.

NewITZone :

Please visit this link to ensure that you have followed the procedure to save the file as movie.

Customer:

Yes, I have already done this and as I said before the effects were lost. I did save as a movie and as in my original question it needs to play on a PC using 2007.

NewITZone :

ok.

NewITZone :

I am apologize. I opt out and leave this question for other expert. Because I know a solution but it needs to purchase an software. That is why I leave this question. If other experts have better idea.

NewITZone :

Please do not rate me.

Richard, Software Specialist
Hi there and welcome,

I would like to suggest that you install Quicktime from the website http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/ on the pc where you are trying to see the ppt presentation.

If you continue to have any difficulties please don't hesitate to let me know.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I saw you gave me a bad rating which reflects very poorly on me.

May I ask why you felt I provided a Bad Service please? I provided an answer that is a very common cause for this problem, and if it didn't work, it is very much appreciated if you can let me know so we can move to the next action.

Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist
Richard, Software Specialist