Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Can anyone give me immediate help: with creating a new table

Customer Question
Can anyone give me immediate...
Can anyone give me immediate help : with creating a new table in access 2010, from 2 existing tables, using a perfect field link between the 2 table. Its probably pretty basic stuff but I have a deadline and do not have the skills . . .
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
12/7/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: spatlanta2010, Computer Software Engineer replied 5 years ago
spatlanta2010
spatlanta2010, Computer Software Engineer
Hi welcome i can help. Can you please provide more info
Please upload any file you may have related to this question on www.wikisend.com and post the generated File ID or download link here

ok, file is being uploaded. some minutes to wait . . Nick

5 mins to go,

ok

Ok done it is at:

http://wikisend.com/download/645966/protocopy-bluepark-products_createprods_5_12_12A.accdb

Nick

what exactly needs to be done here?

What I need is a new table, or an export spreadsheet, that contains some fields from table: Consumables Vertical (fields are: Manufacturer, Machine_type, Machine_name) and contains the data held in table: protocopy-bluepark-products (field: SKU)

But I must only have 1 row for each value from Consumables Vertical.

and

on that row should be all the matches from the protocopy-bluepark-products (field: SKU)

and

I have loaded an example, spreadsheet at:

http://wikisend.com/download/488766/product-finder-sample.csv

The linking field name(s) are

Consumables Vertical: Consumables = Protocopy-bluepark-products: Spicers_Code

You may see the relationship link I created?

Let me see. I will let you know in few hours

Are you clear on my request?

Oh & I have a deadline . . . which is why I asked for help. a couple of hours is ok, but it would be re-assuring to know if you think you can fix?

Nick

Relist: Answer came too late.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Please download solution from
http://wikisend.com/download/387166/protocopy-bluepark-products_createprods_5_12_12A.accdb
I had to change the relationship a bit.
Please remember to rate my answer, I hope you found it to be Excellent ! If you didn't find it to be "Excellent" or are not 100% satisfied, please reply to me so that i can help you better.
For future reference - Please start your question text with "For ATLProg Only" to request me again. It will ensure that question comes to me.

OK, that is a step closer, but the layout is not what's required:

I've added from table: Consumables_Vertical, the fields for "Manufacturer" & "machine_type" to produce this example on 4 rows:

protocopy-bluepark-products Query
ManufacturerMachine TypeMachine Nameskuspicer_code
PanasonicLaser PrinterKX-MC6020KXFATK509X249826
PanasonicLaser PrinterKX-MC6020KXFATC506X249786
PanasonicLaser PrinterKX-MC6020KXFATM507X249794
PanasonicLaser PrinterKX-MC6020KXFATY508X249818

But what I need is the values listed for "SKU" all on one row, like he sample loaded at http://wikisend.com/download/488766/product-finder-sample.csv

sorry i wont be able to assist you with that..
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert unable to complete task
Microsoft Office Technician: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 5 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator

I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the Professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Rachel

I would like it to be cancelled thanks

spatlanta2010
spatlanta2010