Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My compuer crashed. I purchased a new one this evening. Now

My compuer crashed. I purchased a new one this evening. Now I am trying to download my Microsoft Office Professional 2007. It will not download. I need help.

Does the new computer have windows 7 or 8, etc.?

Is there any error message when installing Microsoft Office? Are you using the Office disk or download from a website?

Do you still have the product key for Microsoft Office Professional 2007?

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Windows 7

Yes an error message appears. Using disk.

Yes, I have the product key.

Did you go to Start, control panel, programs, programs and features and uninstall any microsoft office program you see first, then restart the computer and install your office 2007?

Can you please provide me the exact error message? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I uninstalled the Microsoft 2012 Starter. I don't remember restarting the computer. The error message is...

The path you have choosen does not point at a qualifying upgradeable product. Click retry...

Is this an upgrade version of Office 2007? Or is this a full version of Office 2007? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Upgrade

Do you have an older office version, such as 2003 to install first? Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes,I have the 2003.

Great. Since it's an upgrade (not full) version, then you just need to install the Office 2003 first, then it would let you install the upgrade Office 2007.

If there is still any issue, please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Before ending this session...If this does not work...how do I return to you without going thru red tape and more money?

Don't worry, you can bookmark/add to favorites this web page and/or check your email for message from JustAnswer in order to get back to me via this web page later. Please let me know the result later. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok

OK, please take your time. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Viet,

The installation of 2003 is complete and the 2007 upgrade was successful. I will have to restart my computer now. Therefore, we will be disconnected. Thank you for your assistance. I'll wait for your confirmed reply to end the session. Again, thank you.

M

Great. You're welcome. Please rate my service. If you have any further question later, please let me know any time. Thank you very