Starr Expert
Starr Expert, Computer Information Systems Major
Experience:  I have an AAS Degree in CIS and many years of working knowledge with Microsoft Office. I will be happy to help you today!
71851679

Hi there, Downloaded Microsoft Office Professional works okay

Hi there,
Downloaded Microsoft Office Professional works okay except Publisher
when I try and open a Publisher document it states that its not a win 32 file. I have to open

Starr Expert :

Hi. What operating system are you using?

JACUSTOMER-ihgggwwj- :

Windows 7

Starr Expert :

Try moving the file to the same directory as your publisher .exe file. Will it let you open it now?

Starr Expert :

The file association needs to be fixed for Windows 7.

Starr Expert :

Click on your start button, then click default programs. then click associate a file type or protocol woth a program. click on the the file type .pub and click change program. windows should bring up publisher for you to select, or click on "other" and navugate to publisher that way

Starr Expert :

Nevemind the comment for moving your file to the .exe file. Sorry about that..was meant for someone else :-) let me know when yiu are successful :)

JACUSTOMER-ihgggwwj- :

Okay tried that three times, still states not valid Win32 Application

JACUSTOMER-ihgggwwj- :

If I open Publisher I can open a Publisher doc in the H drive, but this is the long way around and time consuming, a Pub doc

JACUSTOMER-ihgggwwj- :

should open directly

JACUSTOMER-ihgggwwj- :

Also get incapatible application!

Starr Expert :

I understand and agree that you shouldn't have to do it that way. No worries! We will get it fixed. I want you to right-click your .pub file and choose "open with", and then choose publisher. Is this successful?

Experience: I have an AAS Degree in CIS and many years of working knowledge with Microsoft Office. I will be happy to help you today!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes. R click on Publisher opens okay

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes opens

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have to go soon, so are there any other options I can try

To change the file association, please do this : Right click the .pub file and then click > Properties > General tab > Type Of File > Change > Choose Microsoft Publisher from the list of recommended or other programs or else click Browse to select Publisher. Let me know if this method works for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Im back again still with the same publisher problem, I tried your last suggestion, but thats what Ive tried previously and yes it opens Publisher. I still cannot open any of the previously installed Publisher docs only by opening Publisher first.Maybe I will have to uninstall/reinstall Publisher, your thoughts

Hi there,

Reinstalling the application and reinstalling it may solve the problem. I have seen this work in the past, so give that a shot!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still no luck! still get error not a Win32 Application

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When trying to open a Publisher doc still getting not a Win32 Application

help please

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Still waiting on a reply!

I apologize for the delay, but I have been doing emergency work for the Hurricane Sandy recovery. I am researching, as none of the things that would normally resolve this issue are working for you. Please bare with me as I continue to reseach and I will answer you sometime later today. Again, I do apologize for the felay.

s

Greetings,

Thank you for your question and your time today.

My name is Jason and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I remote into your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As it is a company LT computer and ongoing issue, I have decided to sort out the problem locally. thanks anyway

Thank you.

Is there anything else I can help with?