Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I accidentally closed a named file without saving the changes,

can I recover the changes?...
I accidentally closed a named file without saving the changes, can I recover the changes?
11/9/2012
DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast

So you were working on a word document and it got closed, the computer was restarted and opened word and it wasn't there, Correct?

Also did you look in the
appdata???

Basically if it was closed without saving, you only have the following possible options:

First off please go here:

http://itwigle.com/twig/Recover_Lost_Word_Documents

Just make sure your settings are set so this wont happen again.

Also there are a few things you maybe able to do to regain access to your file, they are listed below:

http://www.tech-pro.net/docrepair.html

http://www.tech-pro.net/wordfix.html

These two I don't think will work because the document itself wasn't saved first, but it's worth a try. I would also advise a program called recover deleted files:

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

Once again, sorry to come bearing bad news,

If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.

No, I was getting ready to shut down the computer and instead of clicking yes save changes, I clicked no. I have not closed word and I have not shut the computer off.

Lorraine,

Alright, well good news is you didn't shut off the unit, if you have your word to set it to save temp files it would be under your appdata/temp folder.

If it's not there then I hate to be the bearer of bad news and infrom you your data maybe lost, and you'd need to try the following:

http://www.tech-pro.net/docrepair.html

http://www.tech-pro.net/wordfix.html

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

Travis B.
DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast
DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg
DJ_T_Dogg, Computer Enthusiast