Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I want to copy a DVD onto my Windows 7 notebook computer,

Customer Question
then burn a blank DVD...
I want to copy a DVD onto my Windows 7 notebook computer, then burn a blank DVD of that content so that I end of having two identical DVDs.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/5/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

You can use the burning program on the computer if available, such as Roxio from Start, All programs. If not, you can download and install the CDburnerxp program, then use the Copy or grab disk option from that program:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download

I downloaded above hyperlink, inserted DVD in drive, clicked on "Grab or copy" in the CDburnerxp program...nothing.

What now?

You've rated my answer before we are even finished. I will continue to work with you.

That was quick. You did download AND install right?

Insert the dvd disk you want to copy
, then open CDburnerxp program, then on "Copy or grab" disk option
, then you'll see the Copy disk windows, then click on Copy disk.

Please do not rate my answer until everything is done; please just reply via this web page, so I can help further. Thank you,

Am still working with the downloaded software. If it ends up that I can successfully complete my task, I'll change my Review! I'm "in process" right now. Will let you know.

You rated my answer before even trying my suggestion. OK, please take your time. Please do not rate until we are finished replying back and forth as needed. Thank you

This whole process is not working. Why would something so easy be so complicated?

cdburnerxp copied it, but I cannot call it up on my screen and view it as a video. Can't view it at all.

I've reached my limit for this process. It shouldn't even need this. I expect to simply stick in a DVD, it asks me what I want to do with it, I do it, end of story.

Sorry, it's not a simple process. When you have time, you can come back to continue.

With the dvd inserted, can you open it from (My) Computer, then open the cd/dvd drive letter to see its folders/files and copy them to the computer, then see if you can any file? Thank you
I've moved on & had a friend make a copy on her Mac. Wish I never asked the question in the first place. We're done here.
Sorry, it's a process; if you have any other computer question/issue, please let me know any time. Thank you
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech