Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

In a MS Project Gantt chart, I want to filter out all tasks

Customer Question
In a MS Project Gantt...

In a MS Project Gantt chart, I want to filter out all tasks that are completed AND I want to highlight tasks that occur in the upcoming 3 weeks. How do I do this?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/3/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: comp_audio, Microsoft O365 Trained Support Engineer replied 5 years ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, Microsoft O365 Trained Support Engineer

pctech :

I am willing to try and assist you with this. Let me know when you are available.

pctech :

Sincerely,

pctech :

MDB

JACUSTOMER-vzoetwfk- :

I will be available Monday morning, say around 10 AM, EDT

pctech :

Okay, I will try and be on around that time and see if I can assist you. I cannot make any promises, but I will try my best.

JACUSTOMER-vzoetwfk- :

i AM ON LINE

JACUSTOMER-vzoetwfk- :

hello?

JACUSTOMER-vzoetwfk- :

Email me when you get on-line. I am at my desk at work.

pctech :

I am here, and am not an expert with Project, but I might be able to assist you either way. Let em know if you want my assistance.

I have not received any response to my question. If you are unable to answer it, let me know.

I need an expert on MS Project. If you can't help, refer me to someone else. If there is no one else availaible, let me know.

I have found a couple sites that might help you find the solution your looking for. Please look through them and let me know if they have helped you.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/project-help/filter-tasks-or-resources-HA101929354.aspx

http://www.criticaltools.com/Tips.htm

If this is not the answer your looking for, please do not rate this as bad, just let me know and I will get with my Project guru at my office in the AM and get your answer you seek.

No. None of these links answers my question. To clarify, I am updating a schedule that shows both completed tasks, and other tasks at are less than 100% complete.

I want to do two things.

1) Show on only tasks that are less than 100% complete AND...

2) Highlight tasks that start at a date "less than or equal to" a time 3-weeks from now, say 11/27 for example.

The program appears to let me do #1 easily by selecting the incompleted tasks filter.

However when I apply the #2 condition to the filter, and then click "highlight" (not "apply") , the schedule comes out still showing the 100% complete items.

It appears the program will not let me filter AND highlight. Or is there another way around this?

I definately need the MS Project guru for this one.

I am checking with my office guru and will get back to you today...
I have given the information to my guru and he said he will get back to me tomorrow morning. Sorry for the delay. Thank you for your patience. Matt B.

Matt-

Any word yet?

-Bill

I am sorry but he has been very busy. He is taking a look at it now. He said he will try and have an answer within a couple hours. He asked if there was a file I could give him, and I told him I do not have it. If you wanted to send me the file would be a big help, but it is not required if it has private information on it. Thanks
Hello, Sorry it has taken this long to get back to you. My guru said to try going to this site and have a look. He was able to do as you had wanted without any issues. He is thinking that maybe it might just be a setting or selection within MS Project. Here is the site.
I have found some other very useful sites that may be of help too. I do not know your level of expertise with Project and Gantt charts, but I thought I would share this useful informatin I found as well. I am not a pro with Project, but my guru showed these to me and I thought they were pretty useful. You may not find them as useful, but here they are in case.
ht tp://www.techrepublic.com/blog/tech-manager/build-a-customized-gantt-chart-view-in-microsoft-project/2483

http://www.ese.upenn.edu/seniordesign/resources/MS_Project_Tutorial.pdf

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=548

Please let me know what else you need from us. Thanks for your patience.

Please, please refer me directly to your guru. I am an advanced MS Project user, extremely well versed in Gantt charts.

What yopu sent are generic tutorials that do not answer my question.

If you want me to send you one of my schedules I will. Just give me an email to send it to.

We are now into a week of going back and forth. I am very disappointed in your service so far.

Hello, I am sorry, but I will OPT Out and let a MS Project expert take over. My guru will not do direct contact. I am sorry that I would not help you at this time.

Which MS Project expert are you refering me to?

Microsoft Office Technician: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 5 years ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

I can wait.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Continue your search

comp_audio
comp_audio