Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

What is side by side configuration. I cannot open my Microsoft

Customer Question
outlook because I am getting...
What is side by side configuration. I cannot open my Microsoft outlook because I am getting the error saying that side by side configuration is missing
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
10/9/2012
Microsoft Office Technician: James K., Consultant replied 5 years ago
James K., Consultant
Hello

My name is James

Welcome to Just Answer

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem

Remote means i can see your issue and fix this for you

Its fully Secure and Built into the Just Answer System and you can see what i am doing at all times

If you wish i can send you the details to connect

Cheers James
Prefer to receive instruction to do myself
When did the problem start have you installed anything Latley , have you re-installed the .Net Framwork?
No

What version of Office do you have Installed ?

2003/2007/2010

Do you have the Install Disk >?

2007
Yes I do have install disk

Ok best thing is a clean install

You will not lose any Data

First click the Link below and under method 2 download and install and Run the Fix IT

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

A black box will open > and let it run it will remove office

Then Restart the Machine and Insert the disk and install

Let me know any issues

Now please click the Smiley Faces and Submit

Come back any Issues

Cheers James

I am backing up some of my files in case it all goes pear shaped
Are you sure this will work? What is causing the error?
No need to back upi your files , your only uninstalling office

Let me know when you have Followed my Instructions
I have uninstalled and tried to install again and I get the following message...Error 2908 an internal error has occurred ({10Cd20d2-733E-4174-9D02-2C6C26163DA5} )
Contact Microsoft Product Support Services for assistance.
For information about how to contact PSS see C:\Users\Admin-1\appData\local\temp\setup00001030\PSS10R.CHM
There is no setup00001030\PSS file in that path
So where to fom here?

This is usually an Issue with the .Net framework

Did you have any other Versions of Office installed like 2003

Hi
I reinstalled .Net and so Office has installed OK now BUT I am still getting the error - "The application has failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail :-(

Thanks

Can I remote on and Have a look ?

With no offence I am not entirely comfortable with someone I don't know accessing my computer.
Do you know what is causing the error and how to fix it

It could be many things i am afraid , there are a quite a few issue that can cause this

James K., Consultant