OK. You can first repair whole Microsoft Office 2003 installation. To do that, click Start > Control Panel
and click on Add or Remove Programs
icon. A list of all installed programs will open. There locate Microsoft Office 2003
and click on it. You will see Change
button - click on it. When a new window opens, select the Repair
option. Before you proceed with the repair, make sure to exit all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc).
When the repair process is over, open either existing or new Excel document to see if there are any changes.
Alternative way would be to use System Restore
to restore computer state to a date when all worked fine. Here is how it is done:
1. Click Start, then All Programs > Accessories -> System Tools and click System Restore
2. When the System Restore window opens, select Restore my computer to an earlier time and click Next
3. Using a little Calendar on the left side, select a bold date - choose a date when you know Excel worked fine
4. One Restore Point should be highlighted on the right list
5. Now click Next, twice
6. Your computer will now restart and restore all system settings to the date you selected
Don't worry about your personal files because they won't be affected by this process.